Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Death Valley & Kings Canyon N.P.s  (Read 1651 times)

FrameMaker

Death Valley & Kings Canyon N.P.s
« on: January 24, 2011, 09:17:49 pm »

Here are some snaps from my recent family vacation.  This is my 1st post here (but that doesn't mean you have to be nice.).  All of these pics were made with an Oly E-3. Several shots are HDR....you'll know which ones...it's the first time I've tried the technique.  Comments invited.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:33:38 pm by FrameMaker »
"I'd have killed it myself, if I know it was harmless"  PKD

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
Re: Death Valley & Kings Canyon N.P.s
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 11:31:02 pm »

Wish you had the top of the Sequoia, however, nicely done! The HDR gives the photo a vintage look of the early-day post cards from the park!
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 03:39:07 am »

The third one appeals to me but I would have liked just a little bit more of the coloured background: as it stands, it feels a little unbalanced and cramped.

Jeremy

FrameMaker

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 07:21:49 pm »

Wish you had the top of the Sequoia, !

So do I, but those tree are all but impossible photograph & capture their enormousness. I opted to get close & make the trunk dominate the foreground.

The third one appeals to me but I would have liked just a little bit more of the coloured background: as it stands, it feels a little unbalanced and cramped.

Jeremy

I know what you mean...that was my dilemma: the foreground had this intense pattern to it that I wanted, but I also wanted to last ridgeline of Manley's Beacon fill the frame.   About 10 mins  later I made these... except the last photo, which later that night was just for fun.  Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:25:17 pm by FrameMaker »
"I'd have killed it myself, if I know it was harmless"  PKD

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 02:20:08 pm »

Welcome to the list!  The first and fourth images don't do much for me, but I like the sequoia image.  Maybe time to invest in panorama software, if you want the whole tree.  Still, the image does give an indication of how massive these trees can be.  The third one has some interesting patterns that I like too.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up