Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dream #1  (Read 1167 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Dream #1
« on: January 24, 2011, 10:27:18 am »

I've been working on a "windows" series lately, finding lots of interesting images in store front displays. This is one of my favorites - comments welcome.

Rob C

Re: Dream #1
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 03:55:31 pm »

Peter -

The stuff of nightmares?

Rob C

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 07:29:31 pm »

Thanks Peter, but i just don't think for me there is enough of a link between the reflection and the word 'dream' unless of course I am missing something.

Julie

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 07:56:50 pm »

It doesn't work for me. It's because I'm not a fan of lettering in a photo describing what the photo means. In addition, there's not enough in the background to make me tune into the image.
~ CB

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 05:05:36 am »

Well, it works for me because I imagine the lettering as the sign up on the roof of a motel in the foreground, or something of that nature. Maybe I watched too many music videos as I grew old... anyway, you have to bring your own imagination to bear on any photograph to get more out of it. Think Playboy etc.

;-)

Rob C

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 05:45:38 pm »

Thanks for interesting replies. Some interpretations were very different from what I had in mind - which is perfectly OK, of course. I did not mean or even think of the word "dream" relating to the reflection or being in any way the "meaning" of the photo. I just thought it visually interesting to see this word in an otherwise empty window.
Pages: [1]   Go Up