Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: sad shift to advertising  (Read 15238 times)

deejjjaaaa

Re: sad shift to advertising
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2011, 07:49:13 pm »

I agree. LuLa is valuable to me mostly for the forums, not the reviews.

but the reviews will spark a very good discussion once in a while

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2011, 07:57:12 pm »

That's a load of crap, Schewe. If it were the case then you wouldn't have lied about it in the first place.

Keep trying to dance around it all you want, you're not fooling anyone here.

well, because RTFM is intended to be used like this, w/o actually spelling the words behind it and as such is quite acceptable in a tech. circles... now that might not be a good way to address a photographer, who being a silly creature, honestly thinks that PSW stands for PhotoShop World and not Program Status Word

lightstand

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2011, 08:00:41 pm »

As a frequent lurker, I would like to thank Michael and the rest of the LuLu contributors for putting out such an informative site with such little interference from ads.  I'll take the adding ads with such an eloquent design any day over making it a membership site.  Heck, make as much money as possible off the ads I'm sure you'll just turn it back into quality articles/ videos. And maybe I'm wrong but all the ads on the Creative Cow don't seem to influence the informative discussions over there.

P.S. Schewe I'm in the middle of your workshop book with Martin Evening and it truly is a great book

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2011, 11:48:21 pm »

P.S. Schewe I'm in the middle of your workshop book with Martin Evening and it truly is a great book

Thanks for the kind words...

Schewe

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2011, 11:50:15 pm »

That's a load of crap, Schewe. If it were the case then you wouldn't have lied about it in the first place.

Did you bother to read the thread and the context of the post? That's EXACTLY the way I meant ti in the context of the thread...I told the guy to RTMF and come back and I'll answer questions...what the person asked was indeed covered in the friggin' manual and did not bear repeating...

dmerger

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2011, 11:54:52 am »

You gonna follow me around and try to pick a fight every time I post on LuLa? That'll be pretty boring for ya...bud. But I'm game if you are. The odds of me getting kicked off the forums aren't real high.

Wow, Jeff, you set up so many straw men, that I fear a straw shortage.  ::)

(In case anybody has even a remote interest, I believe that the threads to which Jeff alluded are here: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=50387.20 and http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=50536.40 )

What's your point?

I think that my point was obvious, painfully obvious.

Moreover, I found your post defending your decorum amusing, sadly amusing. You used Stamper’s comment referring to the Photokit Sharpener 2 thread as an opportunity to write “I rarely if ever start a fight, but I'm happy to finish one. I tend to get into dustups with people who have already crossed lines. Do I fan fires? Yes...but I don't start them.“  Trouble is, you replied rudely to a very polite question in that very thread.  Now come on, Jeff, ya gotta admit, that’s funny! ;D

Dean Erger

Schewe

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2011, 12:26:03 pm »

Trouble is, you replied rudely to a very polite question in that very thread.  Now come on, Jeff, ya gotta admit, that’s funny! ;D

Did you bother to read the the posts? D_Clear asked a basic question...I answered it...he asked another question...I told him to read the manual (albeit with short hand) and come back with his questions. Was he offended? I have no idea...he hasn't been back so that means he's either offended or the manual did indeed answer his questions.

You see the delicious irony in this situation?

First stamper says: "I have noticed that on the thread Photokit Sharpener 2 he is the model of decorum, good manners and humour, polite, and every other nice adjective I can think about."

Then you say: "Trouble is, you replied rudely to a very polite question in that very thread."

If it turns out that D_Clear was offended by my answer, I will apologize to D_Clear because my intent was simply to use short hand.

The fact that a few here on LuLa are trying to pounce on everything I write to try to cast me in a negative light is, I think pretty obvious. You and me Dean are never gonna be friends...the precipitating event of my dislike for you was your post Shills in the House?. Every engagement since then you've tried to cover your ass and lash out at others (primarily me) and have followed me through several threads now taking shots. The last thread was Photoshop Alternatives. You fanned flames there as well even though it was Justinr who took it over the top and provoked Michael's closing of the thread.

So, again, are you gonna keep stalking me through various threads here on LuLa and try to pick verbal fights? I'm willing to keep going toe to toe with you bud...is this really how you want to spend your time here on LuLa? Really? You ain't gonna win bud, cause I don't back down. This is really casting a light on you, not me.

Rob C

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2011, 02:11:43 pm »

Maybe at this point we could all shake hands and say Buenas Noches?

Rob C

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2011, 02:24:35 pm »

I've had a post-it note to watch for this...didn't notice is was out....had been working through Martin Evening's PSCS5 for Photographers...now I've got the "Ultimate Workshop" on order. The CS4 version has served me well...and glad to add this ...If there is so much advertising on this site...you'd think I'd have seen/heard the bells & whistles on this...
A common woman~

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2011, 02:33:49 pm »

... RTFM is intended to be used like this, w/o actually spelling the words behind it and as such is quite acceptable in a tech. circles...

Just because it is "quite acceptable in a tech. circles" does not mean that "tech. circles" are not generally rude to non-techies, and does not mean that the "F" in the acronym is not there on purpose, to make sure nobody misses the disdain techies have for non-techies… otherwise, the acronym would have been RTMF (Read The Manual First)  ;)

Schewe

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2011, 02:37:44 pm »

Maybe at this point we could all shake hands and say Buenas Noches?

I would be perfectly happy to bury the verbal hatchet but if dmerger keeps picking fights, it'll be in him. (in a rhetorical sense, not physically :~)

(see, I used a smilie)

Schewe

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2011, 02:41:02 pm »

otherwise, the acronym would have been RTMF (Read The Manual First)

Hum, I like that...good idea. Too late in the other thread but I'll have to remember this one–same letters, different order and just as useful as shorthand. (and it shouldn't get non-techies' panties in a bunch).

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2011, 02:44:51 pm »

Maybe the problem lies in the Polish Sausage syndrome, which is IAEFRTM. More here:

http://www.hci.com.au/hcisite3/journal/When%20all%20else%20fails.htm

Cheers,
Tom Brown

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2011, 02:49:28 pm »

I'll close this thread now since it has become - shall we say - 'off-topic'.

Should the participants wish to continue, perhaps the Personal Message feature would be more useful.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up