Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Serenity  (Read 1960 times)

Ifocus4u

• Constant Sound and Imaging Studio
Serenity
« on: January 23, 2011, 06:56:49 pm »

A Sept evening on holiday an Lake Nipissing, Ontario, Canada.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Serenity
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 06:58:36 pm »

Very serene.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Ifocus4u

• Constant Sound and Imaging Studio
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 07:30:34 pm »

Thanks Eric.  :)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 07:57:23 pm »

Very nice mood, composition and colors.

I think the serenity might be improved further by reducing the strong, black, silhouette of the boat, i.e., by opening the shadows up a bit, into muted, pastel colors, much more agreeable with the rest of the image. Or at least it might be worth experimenting in that direction.

John R

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 12:15:29 pm »

It's gorgeous. The tilt of the canoe echoes the oblique line in the clouds and this makes the image slightly dynamic, while at the same time the colours and horizontal lines make the image peaceful and at rest. A wonderful tension. For what it's worth, a slight crop on the right would make the canoe the overwhelming centre of interest, while with your your crop the eye tends to take in the whole scene.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 12:43:21 pm »

I think the serenity might be improved further by reducing the strong, black, silhouette of the boat, i.e., by opening the shadows up a bit, into muted, pastel colors, much more agreeable with the rest of the image. Or at least it might be worth experimenting in that direction.

That's what I was thinking.  The canoe as is becomes a large black space against the muted colours.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 01:12:50 pm »

My thoughts exactly. The harsh, deep black conflicts with the soft colours, which is a shame as it's otherwise a very pleasing image. Is there any detail to be found in the raw data?

Jeremy

John R

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 04:01:30 pm »

While the image does evoke a quietness, it is not altogether serene. It has tension. There is the diagonal on the clouds and a diagonal in the position of the canoe. So to me the image is of a canoe at rest in an idyllic surrounding, but ready to embark another ride. Of course, if you want to convey more serenity, it may be useful to open the shadows, but frankly, I see the black as part of the mystery of the morning and its shady areas, and I see no reason to alter it. With digital, it is all too easy to suggest modifications to images that do not need any changes.

JMR
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 04:12:55 pm by John R »
Pages: [1]   Go Up