Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: epson 9900, a few things FYI  (Read 1640 times)

john milich

epson 9900, a few things FYI
« on: January 23, 2011, 09:16:43 am »

have had mine for about 16 months, used in-frequently, just had to bring in the technician:

after a spell of non use,  it was not printing the nozzle check.  I was not able to complete a cleaning cycle, or any sort.  "cleaning failed" message.  also was not printing (only tried nozzle checks and print status) though the print head would move.  tech replaced the head cleaning unit, updated firmware.

works great now, here are a few findings:

i did not realize the left hand maint. tank is a spare
now there is stamp printed on your paper roll end after each print showing how much paper is left on that roll, seems useful
i was getting the "paper not loaded correctly" message when sheet feeding.  the loading sequence was properly executed, the last button press command was "arrow down" and that would move to the error message.  So the tech does it, but presses the "pause" button instead. Paper loads, even though the message was to press "arrow down"  still did get the "paper not loaded correctly message" a time or two, but less.  that problem was not solved completely.  the "pause" button is what is called for with roll paper.

i now have the option of starting a new 1 or 3 yr warranty period from the time of tech visit,  comments?

with the new firmware, is there any advice about aout or manual cleaning scheduling, or anything else?
the very next day after the tech visit, the very first print I tried was bumped by a cleaning, even though the last thing the tech did was put my inks back in, clean and print a test print

thanks

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
Re: epson 9900, a few things FYI
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 10:24:49 am »

Thanks for the insight.

Just got one second-had this week and so far, it's been the easiest printer I've ever set-up software wise on my Mac. Took but a few minutes and with a nozzle check and head alignment just to make sure after hauling it 140 miles and then down a flight of stairs.

No issues with the printer overall, however, I can't seem to shake the "trimlines" that print at either end of the paper, though I have it turned-off.

i guess it's time to give Epson a call to see if they can help me turn this off since I don't want to have this "feature" printing on my print sheets.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up