Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Use of Extention Tubes on Rollei 6008 / HY6  (Read 1402 times)

Dennis Carbo

Use of Extention Tubes on Rollei 6008 / HY6
« on: January 21, 2011, 03:24:59 pm »

Hi All,

I am considering a set of Extension Tubes for my 6008i - I already have the Macro Bellows but would like the Tubes to do slightly closer work with my Prime lenses...Question is how much closer will the tubes allow me to get  ? the set consist of 9mm/17mm/34mm . Is there a formula for calculating how much closer each size allows me to focus ?

Cant seem to find it anywhere.

Regards,

Dennis

Gigi

• some work
Re: Use of Extention Tubes on Rollei 6008 / HY6
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 03:50:31 pm »

There is a Rollei booklet on macro work. Send me a PM and I'll email it to you.
Geoff

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 08:02:59 pm »

Hi Dennis,
Geoff beat me to it - the rollei close up publication is an excellent source of information.  I'll add that I have used most of the equipment listed in there including the bellows and tubes that you asked about plus the reversing coupler and the M-componons.  At a certain magnification and larger the bellows and tubes starts to get unwieldily.   I've used a bellows plus the 68mm and 34mm and its getting a bit crazy to stabilize the set up but if you can move the subject instead of the camera to focus then its not too much a problem.  If you have the 1.4X Longar that's a great way to get closer too.

The 60mm, 80mm and 120mm lenses work well reverse mounted and can achieve much higher magnification than one could get with tubes alone (you can still use the tubes in addition to the retro adapter). Beyond that the m39 shutter adapter mounted on the bellows with a M-componon or Leica photar optic can get you even closer up to 10 times magnification.

Regards,
Eric
Rolleiflex USA

Dennis Carbo

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 09:41:12 pm »

Thanks for the info !..That guide is great, Geoff sent me a copy !  I have been searching for the M39 adapter for about 9 months - I have yet to find one !  Any idea where i can pick one up and the expected cost ?  I really love this system, It has the ability to do almost anything with top notch glass that leaves me amazed every time I use it !

Viva la Rollei !  ;D

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 10:56:40 pm »

Thanks for the info !..That guide is great, Geoff sent me a copy !  I have been searching for the M39 adapter for about 9 months - I have yet to find one !  Any idea where i can pick one up and the expected cost ?  I really love this system, It has the ability to do almost anything with top notch glass that leaves me amazed every time I use it !

Viva la Rollei !  ;D

I haven't seen one on the used market for a while, have you tried B&H or DHW directly?  I think I've seen some trade on ebay in the $500-$600 range maybe more. I'd expect a new price to be more like $1200.

and yes Viva la Rollei!
Rolleiflex USA

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 04:27:12 am »

I have the whole set of tubes, but I don't know any formula to calculate the change. If you have the whole set, it doesn't really matter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up