Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comprehensive USA shooting areas guide?  (Read 2897 times)

xml

Comprehensive USA shooting areas guide?
« on: May 06, 2004, 02:04:20 pm »

There are some awesome landscape places, but the cooler ones won't let you in with a Sigma lens.

larryg

• Larry gaskill photography
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 11:06:39 am »

You might try this link  Photograph America   he publishes a newsletter with tips on where to go and what to shoot
http://www.photographamerica.com/

didger

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 01:11:41 pm »

Is there anything even remotely like a comprehensive data base (on line or CD ROM, whatever) of good nature shooting areas for the USA, or even for particular regions?  I'll be doing a lot of combined selling and photography traveling and to get the best return for the miles, I would naturally like the best photo opportunity information for every trip I take.  Ideally, it would be nice to type into a search window something like:
California, I 10, Palm Springs to Phoenix, up to 100 miles from main route and get a listing with descriptions for every entry.  There's surely not anything as cool as that available, but is there anything at all?

didger

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 04:24:22 pm »

There are some awesome landscape places, but the cooler ones won't let you in with a Sigma lens.
Wow, thanks for the warning.  I'll only have one smallish (15 fish) Sigma and I can hide it in my lunch box when I need to.  In any case, most of the kinds of places I go to the lens cops would have to be squirrels, deer, rattlesnakes, etc.

didger

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 12:18:33 pm »

Thanks, I'll keep that newsletter info, but actually I was hoping for something online that you could do searches on.  Well, why should anybody do all that work for free?  If it were something really good, I'd be more than willing to pay for each search.  It would be a huge project to create such a database, but what a tremendous resource it would be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up