Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shills in the House?  (Read 1537 times)

dmerger

Shills in the House?
« on: January 18, 2011, 11:33:36 am »

Michael, or anyone else, what would you recommend be done when a suspected shill promotes a product on this web site? 

I’ve had a strong suspicion of shills for a long time, but because it’s virtually impossible to prove I’ve not pursued it.  A couple of recent forum threads, however, are so highly suspicious that it’s hard to ignore. 

Two new threads were started recently about scanning Kodachrome.  (See the Color Management section.)   These threads seemed odd to me, and now I think I may know why.  Silverfast recently launched its promotion of its “improved Kadachrome workflow.”  Now, all of a sudden we have a guy who registers on this web site on January 11, 2011, and the very next day posts a question about scanning Kodachrome.  Coincidence?  Then, of course, we have the usual promoters of Silverfast extolling the wondrous virtues of Silverfast with posts that read like something straight out of a marketing campaign.

Of course, we’ll probably never know for sure if any of these guys are shills, but the coincidence, if that is what it is, is extraordinary.
Dean Erger

dmerger

Re: Shills in the House?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 11:36:06 pm »

Guy, your explanation has convinced me that my suspicion that you may be a shill was unfounded.  I apologize. 
Dean Erger
Pages: [1]   Go Up