Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to back up the HP Zx100 internal harddrive  (Read 702 times)

sm906

• thomas hintze fotografie
How to back up the HP Zx100 internal harddrive
« on: January 17, 2011, 03:12:51 am »

Hi,

based on a previous thread on a problem with an HP Designjet Z2100 firmware problem I came back to my intention to make a backup of the internal harddrive of my own Z2100 before it may die some day. Though my printer has gone through a service cycle about 4 months ago with the replacment of the carriage belt amongst others, the harddrive is still the same.

Principally it should be fairly easy to replace the damaged harddrive by a new one. Has anyone of you Zx100 users already done a harddrive backup? If so, how did you do it? At least Jetdirect, which might be an option, does not run standalone on a Windows 7 64bit Ultimate, in my case.

Thomas
nature-architecture-panorama-fineart
Web hintze-photo.com | YT youtube.com/c/rawakademie

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
Re: How to back up the HP Zx100 internal harddrive
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 03:27:16 pm »

The only way to do a backup, would be to pull it and perform an image based backup to another drive.  An excellant utility for performing this is g4u, which does nothing but perform a sector/sector copy.

http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/

sm906

• thomas hintze fotografie
Re: How to back up the HP Zx100 internal harddrive
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 03:33:44 am »

John,

thank you for the reply. That is the (so far) only option that came to my mind. But I was hoping there might be a more elegant way with the HD installed in the printer.

Did you do already do such a backup with the printers HD?

Thomas
nature-architecture-panorama-fineart
Web hintze-photo.com | YT youtube.com/c/rawakademie
Pages: [1]   Go Up