Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PC laptop for tethered work with Aptus 12  (Read 945 times)

Neil Folberg

• http://www.visiongallery.com
PC laptop for tethered work with Aptus 12
« on: January 16, 2011, 11:19:50 pm »

Hello,

I've ordered the Leaf Aptus 11-12 upgrade (from my AFi-ii 7) and will have to upgrade to a faster laptop than my old MacBook for tethered work. (By the way, I compared files and even at smaller prints sizes such as 60x 80 cm the difference in resolution and sharpness and crispness of shadow detail in the image was quite noticable - this is what tipped me in favor of the upgrade to the 12. Needless to say, large prints such as 110cm x 160 cm were even better).

I need a laptop that has a decent screen that can be calibrated well. The main software I'll be running is either Leaf Capture and/or Capture One.

I tend to the PC though I have always used macs, because I need it for two astronomy programs that do not run well in emulation mode.

Does anyone have recommendations? I want to order it before my upcoming visit to Miami and Palm Beach as these things are cheaper in the US than they are in Israel - I want to order something adequate as quickly as possible and do not know where to start, what to look for, or where to order from.

(For anyone in the Palm Beach area, I will be giving a talk on my newest body of work "serpent's chronicle" which is being exhibited at Holden Luntz Gallery on Friday morning, January 28 at 10:30 AM ....)

Thanks to all who have recommendations!

Neil

xinchenc

Re: PC laptop for tethered work with Aptus 12
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 04:25:35 am »

Have you received your Leaf AFi-II 12?

Neil Folberg

• http://www.visiongallery.com
Re: PC laptop for tethered work with Aptus 12
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 05:55:28 am »

NO - I haven't received it - supposed to be early next month.
Pages: [1]   Go Up