Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schneider APO Digitar 120/5.6 macro M vs normal N  (Read 2279 times)

Graham Welland

Schneider APO Digitar 120/5.6 macro M vs normal N
« on: January 16, 2011, 07:31:05 pm »

Has anyone compared and contrasted the two Schneider 120mm lenses for medium format digital use?

Now I know that typically macro lenses are not optimized for infinity but I was wondering how good the macro really was for general landscape work, in addition to its macro capabilities. The reason I ask is because I have the Nikon 200/4 micro which is badged as a macro lens but actually is an extremely sharp and capable lens at all subject distances including infinity. In fact, it gave my Nikon 200/2 a run for it's money at f/4 and upwards. I was wondering if the same is true with the Schneider 120 macro or whether there is a significant difference for non-macro use.

I'd welcome any feedback from anyone using either of these Schneider lens variants.

Thanks in advance.
Graham

BillOConnor

Re: Schneider APO Digitar 120/5.6 macro M vs normal N
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:05:24 am »

Are you asking about the 120 TS Macro? I'm not sure anyone has been able to get their trembling sweaty hands wrapped around that one
yet.

Graham Welland

Re: Schneider APO Digitar 120/5.6 macro M vs normal N
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 11:35:57 am »

No, actually I was asking about the SK technical camera lenses. I've been looking at mid-long lens options for my Alpa and the SK 120/5.6 comes in two varieties so hence the curious question. It might be somewhat academic for me though as I've pretty much convinced myself that I want to go a little longer I think.

Btw, the new Phase One 120 TS does look interesting, especially as the Hartblei heritage isn't involved this time. I only hear good things about the Schneider glass on the Mamiya platform.
Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up