Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I do this?  (Read 1233 times)

NigelC

Can I do this?
« on: January 16, 2011, 06:57:13 am »

I have upgraded Photoshop every few versions or so. When I got a new desktop for P/shop work, I de-activated CS2 on our general home computer as it was now running on new machine and laptop and reverted to P7 which doesn't have activation. As I have now upgraded the two other machines to CS5, can I re-activate CS2 on the "home" machine? I just wondered if the upgrades are self standng or actually sit "on top of" the previous version, in which case the 2 CS2 activations are alraedy used, if you see what I mean!

martinog

• http://www.artesheila.com/foto.html
Re: Can I do this?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 11:19:31 am »

I have CS5 activated on 2 computers and CS3 on a 3rd. It hasn't caused any problems so far.
Martin

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 11:54:11 am »

I have upgraded Photoshop every few versions or so. When I got a new desktop for P/shop work, I de-activated CS2 on our general home computer as it was now running on new machine and laptop and reverted to P7 which doesn't have activation. As I have now upgraded the two other machines to CS5, can I re-activate CS2 on the "home" machine? I just wondered if the upgrades are self standng or actually sit "on top of" the previous version, in which case the 2 CS2 activations are alraedy used, if you see what I mean!

Best is to phone Adobe Customer Care and confirm your options with them. My understanding of the licensing rules is (i) you are allowed no more than 2 copies of the program but can use them only one at a time. So if you already have CS5 activated on two computers, you will need to de-activate one of the installations in order to put the same application version/same license on another. You can still up-grade from CS2 to CS5, but that is the limit of the number of back-versions to which you can be eligible for the up-grade price.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

sniper

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 06:19:57 am »

I think once you have upgraded a version you can't then re-activate it (could be wrong)
Pages: [1]   Go Up