Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MultiProfiler and SpectraView II.  (Read 1256 times)

Enchanter

MultiProfiler and SpectraView II.
« on: January 15, 2011, 10:51:05 pm »

I have a new PA271W and have loaded the SpectraView II software and the calibrated the monitor with the supplied NEC branded X-Rite iOne Display V2 colour sensor. No problems there. I've also calibrated the sRGB Emulation.

I'm trying to understand how MultiProfiler and SpectraView II interact. My understanding (probably incorrect) of the picture modes in MultiProfiler is that they are the factory calibrated settings, the same as can be accessed from the OSD. Once you've run a SpectraView II calibration on a colour space such as sRGB then that is the profile that MultiProfiler uses for it's "Picture Mode" for sRGB. To get back to the factory calibrated defaults for the various picture modes in MP you use the reset option. Same thing applies to any changes you make to the picture modes by using MP itself. When selecting SpectraView II in "Picture Mode" you load the current SpectraView II profile e.g. Photo Editing or whatever label you've saved the calibration under.

I've read the various posts pertaining to MultiProfiler and the user guide but unfortunately haven't been able to ascertain if my understanding of the above is correct or wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

Wellington, New Zealand
Pages: [1]   Go Up