Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: CoolScan 9000  (Read 6313 times)

tsjanik

Re: CoolScan 9000
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 09:49:44 pm »

John:

That’s wonderful to have the memory and connection.  Film does yet have some advantage, I don’t think a CF or SD card would invoke the same emotion.

Tom

revaaron

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 10:14:18 pm »

I love my 9000 for 35mm film, but I've been unsatisfied with the MF that I get out of it.  I love the look of film scanned on it, but I always always always get newton rings. Something I never got with my epson v500.

All of the pictures I end up printing for myself are from film.

vandevanterSH

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 11:29:40 pm »

I love my 9000 for 35mm film, but I've been unsatisfied with the MF that I get out of it.
What Nikon 120 film carrier are you using?

Steve

TMARK

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 01:08:11 am »

Rev said:  "but I always always always get newton rings."

I never get rings with the glass holder using the masks.  Some film is problematic if its wrinkled, but its easy enough to flip it so that it doesn't touch the glass.  I made my own glass holder with some ANR glass, Linotape, and framers glass.  Works great.

terence_patrick

• http://www.terencepatrick.com
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 02:19:32 am »

I've used both the Nikon and Imacon and there are a few differences but the biggest one to me is the speed and quietness of the Imacon. Secondly, I think the Flexcolor software is a little easier to use than Nikon Scan, Vuescan, and definitely easier than Silver Fast. Third, if you are on a Mac there seems to be a bit of trouble using Nikon Scan 4 when there are any other Firewire devices attached to the scanning computer. I've had to switch to Vuescan on certain occasions for that reason, though I prefer how the scans look with Nikon Scan. 

I own the Nikon 9000 only because it was what I could afford at the time. If I could afford it, I would rather have the Imacon. Actually, I would rather have a Fuji Frontier so I could batch scan entire rolls, but that's another story.

Professional

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 03:23:32 pm »

Now that Nikon 9000 is gone, the only scanner i can buy for better results scans over my Epson V750 is the Hasselblad Flextight, it is way over priced now, but i have to wait until next year to afford it i think, but i hope that it will be still available.

cyberean

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 03:56:55 pm »

Rev said:  "but I always always always get newton rings."

I never get rings with the glass holder using the masks.  Some film is problematic if its wrinkled, but its easy enough to flip it so that it doesn't touch the glass.  I made my own glass holder with some ANR glass, Linotape, and framers glass.  Works great.

wouldn't mind seeing a picture or two of that
custom glass holder ... if you'd care to share

vandevanterSH

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 04:25:50 pm »

I recently got a new 9000ED before the e-bay price doubled.  I also have a 750.  The 9000 scan results are better than the 750 but not dramatically so.  You might try wet mounting the film that has the real "keepers" and see if the scans are better with the 750.  Wet mounting with the 9000ED gives a small improvement especially with reducing dust and scratch artifacts.

Steve
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up