Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ultra wide lens for the Leica M9 (landscape photography)  (Read 3311 times)

achrisproduction

ultra wide lens for the Leica M9 (landscape photography)
« on: January 14, 2011, 01:58:09 pm »

Helo fellow members, I mostly use my Leica M9 for snaps but being understand that it produces amazing picture quality I really want to try and use it for landscape photography.  My widest lens I have right not is 21 lux asph and I am looking for something wider.  I heard the 16-18-21 is great, any comments or other suggestions?

dseelig

Re: ultra wide lens for the Leica M9 (landscape photography)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 08:43:11 pm »

The 16 18 21 is a very nice lens. I own it and will not be selling it. It can be found used in the 3500 to 4000 range.

250swb

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 05:48:52 am »

It doesn't sound like you are short of the cash if you are already looking at a WATE, but really any Leica lens makes a great landscape lens on the M9 (my favourites are 50 and 90).

But if you maybe think you'll only use such a wide lens every now and again the CV 12mm and 15mm lenses could be considered. You will get the 'red edge' effect whatever you code tham as, but using Cornerfix software will sort that out. It means for less than £1000 you can get two very wide lenses with a good progression from 12, to 15, to your 21 and then whatever else you have. While the differences are noticable I have always thought the 16-18-21 progression tight, meaning you could just as well walk nearer or further away rather than need a different lens to do the job.

Steve

AlfSollund

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 05:47:26 pm »

Hi,

I have used Voigtlander (CV) 15/4,5 (old version without coupling) and Zeiss 18/4 on M9. Both are great lenses, and both needs Cornerfix. The CV 15/4,5 is much more compact, and Im quite impressed by this small lens.

-------
- If your're not telling a story with photo you're only adding noise -
http://alfsollund.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up