Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Capture 11.1 running very slow.  (Read 1331 times)

BrianWoolf

Leaf Capture 11.1 running very slow.
« on: January 14, 2011, 11:12:05 am »

Using Leaf Capture 11.1 on a PowerMac G5 powerpc chip, Mac OS 10.4.11, yesterday everything good, today it is trying to load the folder from yesterday with 79 files in it(using a Leaf Valeo 17wi back) and it is taking forever to load the folder. Took some new images and they don't load, just a empty grey box with a file name at the bottom. Tried to close and restart Leaf Capture, same results. Closed Leaf Capture, repaired permissions, threw away the 'com.leaf.creo.plist' in the preferences. Restarted Leaf Capture and same result, it seems to be taking about 30 minutes to load the files. Have 30gigs of space on my hard drive.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Brian Woolf

roskav

• http://www.roskavanagh.com
Re: Leaf Capture 11.1 running very slow.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 04:19:11 pm »

This might not be of use to you but it takes about 7 minutes for leaf capture to connect to my raw files on a remote server raid.  This from a power pc (one of the last) running 10.4x.  This does not occur when it is accessing a folder on the workstation's drive.  Are you accessing the files directly from the card in the digital back or are the files already on your machine?

Best

Ros

BrianWoolf

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 05:27:46 pm »

Ros,

They are are on my computer's hard drive. I had to wait about 45 minutes to load the folder. The only thing that I have done differently is to crop the mos. files before processing, usually i process the whole file and crop it later in Photoshop. Trying to load the folder it seemed to hang at the cropped tif images.

Brian

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 04:30:22 am »

Ros,

They are are on my computer's hard drive. I had to wait about 45 minutes to load the folder. The only thing that I have done differently is to crop the mos. files before processing, usually i process the whole file and crop it later in Photoshop. Trying to load the folder it seemed to hang at the cropped tif images.

Brian

Brian,

Is there a specific reason why you have the tiff files together with the raw files (or am I misunderstanding the situation)

Will it load other folders  with raw files faster?
Have you tried moving the folder to another location on the Mac so that the path changes?
Also worth trashing the Leaf DB folder out of the folder where you have the raw files so that it will re-create it
It could be that your Mac and 11.1 are struggling to generate previews of the tiffs

Yair

Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

BrianWoolf

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 10:27:59 am »

Yair,

took the weekend off and forgot about my problems, but it's monday now and they are still here. Started the same load problem, when I selected the folder to do a reshot. Came here read your response and shut the computer down, restarted it and put all the tiffs and jpgs in their own folder and LC11 loaded the 61 mos files in 20 seconds. Hooray!

I have been putting the processed tiffs in the same folder as the mos (raw) files for the longest time because I kept running in to a crash problem when I tried to select a new folder. It would work one day and the next three, crash, crash, crash. Now I have never had a problem with this (putting the mos and tiffs together) and selected four different folders this am. with mos, tiffs and jpgs - they opened fast, with no problems. It is only this folder with the cropped tiffs in them that is a problem.

Will try trashing the Leaf DB folder, maybe today, maybe tomorrow as I want to get on with the job.

Thank you,
Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up