Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Req Help regarding HP Designjet Z2100 firmware  (Read 3097 times)

kosv

Req Help regarding HP Designjet Z2100 firmware
« on: January 13, 2011, 03:29:22 pm »

Hello,

I recently purchased a used Designjet Z2100 and they wiped the 40gb hard drive that was attached to the formatter board. I called hp and they said that they did not sell the hard drive with boot firmware separately. They indicated that they only sell the hard drive attached to the formatter board for $881.  I was wondering if there was a way to get the boot info and firmware back on the Hard drive? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

sm906

• thomas hintze fotografie
Re: Req Help regarding HP Designjet Z2100 firmware
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 04:24:40 pm »

The only way I know to date to get access to the printers HD is using JetAdmin software (download via HPs website). But, I did not find out how to get it running under Windows 7 (64bit).

Thomas
nature-architecture-panorama-fineart
Web hintze-photo.com | YT youtube.com/c/rawakademie

kosv

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 05:23:24 pm »

Thanks for replying, I know there is another way, I just don't have an Image of a working designjet hard drive to clone it. I only have a N610 Jet direct card and apparently the printer doesn't recognize it. Not sure what models of the jet direct cards will work on these printers.

ImageTrader

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 01:19:08 pm »

Did you ever find a solution for this problem?

I bought a HP Z2100 off of ebay & they wiped the hard drive clean also.  I was wondering if it was the same seller? thecomputerwarehouse

Thanks,
Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up