Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 small part (literally)  (Read 2294 times)

hencha

HP Z3100 small part (literally)
« on: January 10, 2011, 08:02:41 pm »

Hello... I feel a bit foolish posting about this, as it might seem insignificant. My 3100 lost a tiny but necessary part - it is called the "Carriage Rear Bushing" (HP #Q5669-60687). Piece of plastic, about 3 inches long, each end going loosely into a hole while from its center, protrudes a 'bump'. Can be found at the rear upper part of the printer carriage. Aside from playing a part in oiling / lubrication (appears so), one of its functions is to maintain the carriage at a certain height, by sliding along a metal rail as the carriage itself goes back and forth...

Anyway, I am frustrated at not being able to find this part; HP itself of NO help. One place that had been helpful some months ago on a different part (belt) told me that HP "has been losing it...". Another said that HP does not even stock its own parts, and might not have it for months, etc... The printer is sitting here past 4 days, and for something that costs less than $20, I can't do any printing. Short of me fashioning some sort of plastic 'replica' for this tiny part, any suggestions please as to dependable parts suppliers or...?    TKS,  Henry
hencha

sm906

• thomas hintze fotografie
Re: HP Z3100 small part (literally)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 03:13:36 am »

Henry,

I do not wonder that HP is of not great help. But did you try Google? When using the parts number you are giving there are several sites selling the piece you are looking for:

http://www.everprint.com/online/simdetail.asp?PartNo=Q5669-60687
http://www.impactcomputers.com/q5669-60687.html
http://www.itspares.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=988026256

etc.

At least the first company says that it has 4 pieces on stock, albeit for the highest price of the three mentioned.

Thomas
nature-architecture-panorama-fineart
Web hintze-photo.com | YT youtube.com/c/rawakademie

hencha

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 11:31:01 am »

hello Thomas... Tks for your suggestions. I did try google and other ways, unsuccessfully !  The truth is that I called / contacted more than 12 places, to no avail. The part is listed on the store's site, but when pressed for an actual exact price / shipping date, they admit it is not in stock, and no date of shipping can be given; that includes HP itself. The HP 3100 is a great printer, producing very high quality prints, but HP needs to / MUST step up. They do not keep their own parts in stock and have no idea when 'it will come in...'  For my next printer, I will most definitely keep this lack of service in mind...

I will simply keep calling different places till I get it...  TKS again  Henry
hencha

sm906

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 02:37:45 pm »

The part is listed on the store's site, but when pressed for an actual exact price / shipping date, they admit it is not in stock, and no date of shipping can be given; that includes HP itself.

Henry,

I know a dealer here in Germany selling HP Designjet service material, as well as the Q5669-60687. I just asked them via email whether the given 7-days-after-order-availability holds to be true. Probably the bushing is available here in Europe. As soon as I have a (positive?) answer I will come back to you. Probably it makes sense to pay the extra shipping costs.

Thomas

hencha

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 06:41:00 pm »

Hello Thomas... Very pleasantly surprised at your offer of help. Am at this very moment trying to "rig" something to make this work, but the right part would be the thing to do !    Will wait for your answer...   Henry
hencha

sm906

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 06:38:49 am »

Henry,

I thought it's time to reply at least. I haven't received any useful and reliable answer yet. I am sorry, but that's not good news.

Probably you got your problem solved meanwhile?

Thomas

hencha

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 09:43:41 am »

Hello Thomas... Very recently (past 3 days), got the printer to work with a 'glued' piece and so far, have made more than 15 prints, and working OK. I will still work on getting the correct part, as it will quite likely surface somewhere...

Many tks for your offer of help, much appreciated !!    Henry
hencha
Pages: [1]   Go Up