Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making a single large print from 4 smaller prints, whats the best to mount them?  (Read 818 times)

Bill Koenig

I have a large 50 image multiple row/multiple column pano. I used a spherical pano head, and processed these in Autopano Pro which after cropping gave me a image size of 42x28. What I did in Photoshop was to brake this image into 4 smaller images and print them on 17x25 paper and very accurately trimmed off the two inside boarders to make a single print.
This worked very well, but I now need to mount these to something, but still be able alien them, I'm sure that I'll need to work with one image at time, the first will be the easiest.
Anyone ever try something like this? What would be the best way to go about this? I'm thinking some kind of glue as I need to be able to repossession.
BTW. I know I could send it out for large format printing, but my time costs a lot less than the $175 they want for the print, and I'd still have to mount it.
This is for my wall so it doesn't have to look perfect (there's no way that it will) but the fine detail that this gives me will make up for some of that. I'm just looking for a idea.

Bill Koenig,

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site

It may not be the look you want, but in your situation I would frame each of them, unmatted, in a narrow matt silver frame and hang them so that the frames touch.

Just a thought.

Jeremy

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com

Buy a sheet or two of black foamcore with the adhesive. Cut 4 pieces to match the print sizes. Attach and done. Velcro to the wall right next to each other. Black edges are decent without framing. You can spray with Clearstar for some protection.  Not ideal but since you started down that path...
 Much better solution is have it printed on canvas, then Miracle Muck it to a single piece of gatorboard and put a black metal American Frame around it.  Very inexpensive and easy do it yourself solution not requiring plexi or glass.
BTW our price to print on photo paper $58.80. Not sure where you were checking. Twice that for varnished canvas.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 05:54:58 pm by Dan Berg »
Pages: [1]   Go Up