Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7d Panoramics  (Read 18458 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: 7d Panoramics
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 06:35:23 am »

Hi!

I use this rig:

From the article: http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/index.php/photoarticles/panorama-and-stitching

Best regards
Erik

Exactly! I agree with Thomas, it's ultimately the Pitch (and Roll) parameter setting in the software that's important here. Most people working with a leveling base, also automatically take panoramas with the horizon in the middle of the frame which often leads to a sub-optimal composition. The hardware helps to get a good basis for the Yaw parameter, but the software is the key to solving curved/wavy horizons and boring compositions.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:37:57 am by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 05:23:23 pm »

Along with centering the nodal point or exit pupil of the lens over the rotation point

Shouldn't it be the entrance pupil?

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 05:30:50 pm »

Shouldn't it be the entrance pupil?

Maybe. But I am not sitting here with a book of terminology in front of me.

Update at 8:10pm 07/18.

Okay, since I made my above response I've had time to look it up and Franscico Disilvestro is correct. Thank you for the correction in ternminology Francisco.

Ideally we should rotate the camera around the entrance pupil even for a single row stitched panorama.  With today's higher end panoramic stitching programs and are shooting landscapes where virtually everything is either at the same distance from the camera, you should have few problems. With subjects where there are a lot of more extreme near/far subject distance differences getting the entrance pupil coherent with  the rotational point is a bit more critical.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:48:58 am by Ellis Vener »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up