Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Photography Workshop & Seminars!  (Read 25543 times)

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
Re: Shoot The Centerfold Seminar
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2011, 07:25:03 am »

Spryseeks,

You still have not answered my question I posed before.  The last time, you danced around it like a stripper on a pole.  So, I will ask once more: 

Do you have a monetary interest in the promotion of these seminars?  If you do, then be honest and own up to it.  If not, you should contact the promoters of the seminars as they should pay you something for your persistent and shameless promotion.

Spryseks

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2011, 01:50:49 pm »

Spryseeks,

You still have not answered my question I posed before.  The last time, you danced around it like a stripper on a pole.  So, I will ask once more: 

Do you have a monetary interest in the promotion of these seminars?  If you do, then be honest and own up to it.  If not, you should contact the promoters of the seminars as they should pay you something for your persistent and shameless promotion.

Hey Brian,

Like i mentioned earlier i am a big fan of Playboy to begin with,  and i have several threads and one biggest thread in playboy forums which has 387,000 posts  in it.  My idea has always been to bring fans, models, photographers, editors
and graphic designers to same thread and interact with each other. It became a huge success there and when i came accross never-happened-before seminar i wanted to share the same senitment of creating a discussion outside the playboy community. I am the biggest fan of pb photogs specially Jarmo and Arny i like their technique and i want to
discuss this with other photographers.

I don't mean to make you uncomfotable or anyone else for that matter, but i like your straight-forwardness.  I prob would do the same this if i were in your shoe, but then again i am open to any criticism as long as it involves the subject of this thread but not personal.

If you feel like you have more to say about this just shoot me  a message.

Sid

Spryseks

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2011, 01:54:14 pm »

Seems to me that all that's needed nowadays is a pair of oversized knockers and the hell with the rest.

Was a time that some notion of beauty and/or chic played a part; guess this new way is progress.

Rob C

It goes with the times i guess. For instance what beauty was couple of centuries ago might not be the same
now.

Rob C

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2011, 04:49:09 pm »

It goes with the times i guess. For instance what beauty was couple of centuries ago might not be the same
now.

I'm not able to talk about several centuries ago - old but not quite that old.

Frankly, I think the problem is/was that Playboy felt that it had to abandon the high ground and roll in the mud with the competition. In my possibly jaundiced view, the guy buying those mags today has no friggin' idea about, nor interest in, beauty. He wants toilet fodder. That shot posted a couple of posts back - a heavy, hard-looking (to me) woman playing coy behind a fine veil is not alluring, it is ridiculous in its improbability. Think of a cow wearing a string of pearls - see what I mean? That's improbability.

Rob C

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2011, 10:11:18 am »

Hey Brian,

Like i mentioned earlier i am a big fan of Playboy to begin with,  and i have several threads and one biggest thread in playboy forums which has 387,000 posts  in it.  My idea has always been to bring fans, models, photographers, editors
and graphic designers to same thread and interact with each other. It became a huge success there and when i came accross never-happened-before seminar i wanted to share the same senitment of creating a discussion outside the playboy community. I am the biggest fan of pb photogs specially Jarmo and Arny i like their technique and i want to
discuss this with other photographers.

I don't mean to make you uncomfotable or anyone else for that matter, but i like your straight-forwardness.  I prob would do the same this if i were in your shoe, but then again i am open to any criticism as long as it involves the subject of this thread but not personal.

If you feel like you have more to say about this just shoot me  a message.

Sid

You do not make me uncomfortable at all.   But, you still have not answered the question.  All it requires is a simple yes, or a no.  Maybe you are a politician..... :D

Spryseks

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2011, 11:50:53 pm »

You do not make me uncomfortable at all.   But, you still have not answered the question.  All it requires is a simple yes, or a no.  Maybe you are a politician..... :D

;D @ politician.

Rob C

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2011, 04:22:01 am »

;D @ politician.

Okay, you can be discounted, then.

Rob C

Spryseks

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2011, 04:06:15 pm »

You do not make me uncomfortable at all.   But, you still have not answered the question.  All it requires is a simple yes, or a no.  Maybe you are a politician..... :D

My apologies Bryan, all this time i didn't even realize my first post, i just fixed it. It was a copy and paste excerpt from their site about the upcoming seminar and i wanted to hear pros and cons on that.

And to answer your question : No i don't have anything to do with any monetory benefit from their site. I am just a playboy fan and their photography techniques.

Maybe i am an honest politician  ;D  hmm Honest Politician? now that's a perfect oxymoron!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 05:46:08 pm by Spryseks »

Spryseks

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2011, 04:08:35 pm »

Okay, you can be discounted, then.

Rob C

When was attending their seminar late last month, i came across this gentleman who is a senior photographer for
bullzeyc online magazine, which i check now and then after meeting him. He posted some good stuff about the workshop
too :

http://blog.bullz-eye.com/2011/02/10/shoot-the-centerfold-photography-seminar-a-huge-success/

E

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2011, 04:15:25 pm »

When was attending their seminar late last month, i came across this gentleman who is a senior photographer for
bullzeyc online magazine, which i check now and then after meeting him. He posted some good stuff about the workshop
too :

http://blog.bullz-eye.com/2011/02/10/shoot-the-centerfold-photography-seminar-a-huge-success/

Dammit, coming to UK and Germany? And here I thought I'd wait for John Paul Caponigro or Joe McNally to come here before going to a workshop.

Spryseks

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2011, 11:34:55 am »

Dammit, coming to UK and Germany? And here I thought I'd wait for John Paul Caponigro or Joe McNally to come here before going to a workshop.

Rumor is they have something lined up for June....waiting for an annoucement/press release so i can sign up for next workshop.

Rob C

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2011, 03:17:43 pm »

feppe - we're dealing with a robot.

Rob C

Spryseks

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2011, 11:20:03 pm »

Pretty good site i found :

http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=3126

since i am a Canon user this is very helpful.

LKaven

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2011, 09:43:07 am »

Spryseks, consider starting over again.  Perhaps even delete this account and create a new one.  After you've gotten to read the room a little better, feel free to post.  We know you were trying to generate some viral interest in the STC seminar, but this was the wrong place for it. 

Spryseks

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2011, 12:21:03 am »

Spryseks, consider starting over again.  Perhaps even delete this account and create a new one.  After you've gotten to read the room a little better, feel free to post.  We know you were trying to generate some viral interest in the STC seminar, but this was the wrong place for it. 

Wrong place?

LKaven

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2011, 11:30:41 am »

Wrong as in wrong forum for the viral marketing approach to try to drum up business for the STC seminar, whereinafter you are called out and try to come up with "conversational" content after the fact.  If you want to have a real conversation, have one by all means.  Otherwise, I /hate/ being manipulated.  I don't believe for a second, not a second, that you just "felt like" having a conversation about the STC, so you came here, created an account, and posted your ad twice:  "What's everyone's take on this? <ADVERTISEMENT>"  This is as fake as it gets and it pissed me off.

At this point, you either want to be a member of the community or not.  My advice is to get to know the room better before posting in the future.

Spryseks

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2011, 02:55:12 pm »

Wrong as in wrong forum for the viral marketing approach to try to drum up business for the STC seminar, whereinafter you are called out and try to come up with "conversational" content after the fact.  If you want to have a real conversation, have one by all means.  Otherwise, I /hate/ being manipulated.  I don't believe for a second, not a second, that you just "felt like" having a conversation about the STC, so you came here, created an account, and posted your ad twice:  "What's everyone's take on this? <ADVERTISEMENT>"  This is as fake as it gets and it pissed me off.

At this point, you either want to be a member of the community or not.  My advice is to get to know the room better before posting in the future.

Getting pissed off is not good for health. Like i said i didn't mean to come across like that, but then everyone has their own choice of words. Well i am here and this is my community, just like playboy i am a fan of Shoot The Centerfold also. So, let's move on and have
good conversation. Shoot me a message and we can talk about your personal opinion on me.

Spryseks

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2011, 03:41:44 pm »

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2011, 04:51:15 pm »

Well i am here and this is my community, just like playboy i am a fan of Shoot The Centerfold also.

Not really, the "community" is a lot more than a single thread in which YOU started...as far as I can tell, you've contributed zero to this "community" except for starting a thread that sounds like an ad for the workshop. But, I can tell you that there is such a thing as bad publicity and so far, that's what you've been engaging in.

Spryseks

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2011, 05:24:43 pm »

Not really, the "community" is a lot more than a single thread in which YOU started...as far as I can tell, you've contributed zero to this "community" except for starting a thread that sounds like an ad for the workshop. But, I can tell you that there is such a thing as bad publicity and so far, that's what you've been engaging in.

Point noted. Let me start all over again with a new thread only for workshops and seminars of any kind and have
serious discussion on it's pros and cons. Thanks for the advice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up