Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing RAW  (Read 5590 times)

Bret M.

Printing RAW
« on: January 08, 2011, 10:39:33 am »

A question about printing. When printing RAW files, my photos tend to come out too yellow. If I print photos shot in JPEG, instead of RAW, they print fine. Is it better to convert the photos from RAW before printing or should I try to change the print driver?

Thanks.

Paul Sumi

Re: Printing RAW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 10:55:23 am »

I'm not clear exactly what you are doing.  Could use some more information in order to help.  With what application are you using to print RAW files?

Paul

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 02:47:32 am »

Are you trying to print the RAW files directly? The whole point of using RAW is to process (edit / tweak / ...) your photographs before you use (print / display / ...) them; if you do not want to spend time processing the files, shot JPEG instead.

alanscape

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 11:16:21 am »

A raw file is a raw (uncooked) file... a digital negative. A RAW file dosen't exist, it's not an acronym like JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group), aside from
that, why use a raw file and not edit? That's why there are raw files, so set the white balance correctly and get rid of the colour cast.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 01:37:26 pm »

We would need some additional info in order to understand what you are saying: which program are you using to print RAW, and are you talking about JPEGs simultaneously created with RAW?

Iliah

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 09:06:35 pm »

> A raw file is a raw (uncooked) file... a digital negative.

Raw is a positive latent image.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 04:47:47 am »

Hi,

How do you print?

Best regards
Erik

A question about printing. When printing RAW files, my photos tend to come out too yellow. If I print photos shot in JPEG, instead of RAW, they print fine. Is it better to convert the photos from RAW before printing or should I try to change the print driver?

Thanks.
Erik Kaffehr

alanscape

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 07:01:30 am »

Ok, OK, OK....... this is an amateur forum, I was attempting to be colloquial to enable those who didn't understand the difference between E6 and the M6.

I'll stick to my job as a Photographer and avoid posting any more 'help'..... thanks for helping me avoid wasting any more time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up