Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone having problems w/ Breathing Color EasyWrappe  (Read 2215 times)

bmnp

• Larrys Nature Shots
Anyone having problems w/ Breathing Color EasyWrappe
« on: January 07, 2011, 03:51:16 pm »

Just wondering if those who have used this system have paid any attention to the flatness of the assembled frame/photo. I put together the 10x14 trial kit, and found that the finished assembly has a twist that will not allow it to lay flat. One corner is almost 1/4" off the wall/table/flat surface. I do have a request in to Breathing Color, but am still awaiting a reply.

Thanks!
Larry

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Re: Anyone having problems w/ Breathing Color EasyWrappe
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 05:40:48 pm »

I've done quite a few already---all have been flat and tight.  Check your cuts in the corners, no slack in the media, particularly on the inside part of the bar when the corner is folded up onto the adhesive.  Corners should be fairly flush when brought together evenly.  Tap the holding pins in securely.

bmnp

• Larrys Nature Shots
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:33:25 pm »

Thanks, Ken. All of your suggestions where checked prior to posting, and all appear to be OK. Print is tight as a drum, the miters even in height and gap, etc. I'm starting to think it is a bad piece of wood causing it.

Larry

williamsrx

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 08:39:55 pm »

I've done probably 40 of these in all different sizes, in fact I just finished a 32x40 which is the biggest I've done.  All have been fine and have laid very flat.  Sounds like just a bad board/boards.  This product is great, I've had lots of great feedback on it.

Chris Williams
Boilerplate Imaging

bmnp

• Larrys Nature Shots
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 08:51:51 pm »

Appreciate it, Chris. I can't find much in the way of negative comments about the product, and can't find that I did anything wrong, so I'm just going to chalk it up to being 'one of things' and not let it affect my thoughts, one way or the other.

Larry

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 07:39:49 am »

Your right Larry chalk it up to a random warped piece.
If you start getting multiple pieces that are warped then you should follow up with Breathing Color to check things out.
Just a quick story on lumber. In my 20+ years as a cabinetry shop owner and hardwood lumber dealer I sold several hundred thousand board feet of wood.
My moisture meter was on my hip at all times. I would randomly check the loads moisture content looking for consistancy across the load. Wood kiln dried to 6 to 8% is the norm. As soon as it goes into the outside storage the moisture content will usually rise to equal the surroundings. Sometimes 10% or higher. We "Always" brought the skid into the heated shop for several days to get the moisture back in line. We would still get more then the ocassional wild board (One that was never dried properly or not at all and had moisture content of up to 20%) These would be twisted and warped like a pretzel.
Long story short wood is always moving and no matter how good the quality control at some point in time you will find pieces you just throw away.
Suppliers and distributors in the retail end like in your situation will usually replace it at no charge.

bmnp

• Larrys Nature Shots
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 06:47:37 pm »

I've played w/ wood off and on for 40 years, Don. Seen my share turned to firewood, both because of nature and my own mistakes! Thanks for the reminders.

Larry

ddolde

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 12:42:19 pm »

Does this EASYWRAPPE process stretch the canvas in the process? Seems like it would have to but I am not seeing how the process actually stretches the canvas.

Also I am assuming you need to varnish the canvas prior to stretching. I use Timeless Matte. Is this the correct way?

Miles

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 09:25:26 am »

I have used the EASYWRAPPE system for some time now without the warping issue as described.  For larger pieces I staple the canvas to the rear as I find it will pull slightly over time if just using the glue strips and glue.  I really like the look of the finished product.  The stretching takes place as you join the pieces and add the corner braces.

You've got it right, varnishing prior to stretching is the correct way.

Miles
Pages: [1]   Go Up