Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B&W Imacon scanned tiffs not opening in PS5  (Read 1289 times)

kleinefenn

B&W Imacon scanned tiffs not opening in PS5
« on: January 07, 2011, 05:34:22 am »

Hello, I wish a happy new year to all of you!

I scanned a whole batch of B&W negatives on my Imacon scuzzy Apple OS9 scanner and transferred them to the machine supporting CS5. The folder contained older scans with the same settings that opened fine. The new batch is neither supported by Bridge, nor by CS5. there is a an information coming up, saying: "Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file". The files open up in the apple viewer, but if you manipulate one (rotation) and save it again, it opens as transparent background in photoshop. Is there any way to save a week of operations?

PS I follow this forum as a guest for years, but my knowledge seems too rudimentary to be able to help or write valuable statements, so many thanks to all of you sharing your advanced knowledge.

kleinefenn

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: B&W Imacon scanned tiffs not opening in PS5
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 01:17:54 pm »

What file format? Did you include the file format extension such as .tif?

Can you open the images on the older machine and re-save and then open in CS5?

kleinefenn

Re: B&W Imacon scanned tiffs not opening in PS5
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 10:23:15 am »

Well, the job was finally saved. Thank you for your advice, Jeff Schewe!

The .tif was always there.
I used another disc for transfer, and I followed your advice saving the files after rotating them in CS on the old OS 9 machine.

Without changing anything in the files before saving, they stayed unreadable by CS5 On the Snowleopard Quad.

What I don't understand is why this had not happened before, using the same routine.

kleinefenn
Pages: [1]   Go Up