Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving a Canon ipf8100  (Read 3432 times)

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
Moving a Canon ipf8100
« on: January 06, 2011, 11:28:53 am »

We need to move an used 8100 full of inks and have a few questions.
Can you leave the printer on a loading dock overnight if the temps are in the teens?
According to Canon if you tilt the printer more than 30 degrees end to end or 10 degrees side to side the ink will spill.Has anyone had any trouble moving one of these printers and spilled the ink? How paranoid do we need to be about keeping the printer level?
Mike

a.lorge

Re: Moving a Canon ipf8100
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 11:48:42 am »

I moved a used canon ipf9000 once.  I assumed that the company that sold it to me had drained the inks before I picked it up.  Bad Assumption.  I had to move it up a few flights of stairs, and wound up getting ink EVERYWHERE.  The main issue came when we had to put it on end to move it around a corner.  That's when things got really ugly.  If you can keep it relatively level (30 degrees like you said) you might be able to get away with it.  But I think a better option would be to plug it in first, and run the "move printer" option in from the menu.  According to this link http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/message/view/FAQ/5162469#5163951 you will use about 20 mL or ink per channel, but that is probably cheaper than renting industrial cleaning equipment.   :)

Scott Shelerud

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 09:38:22 pm »

If there is any chance at all of the ink freezing, DO NOT RISK IT!

Water expands as it freezes (this is why ice floats) which could easily cause an ink line to rupture or print head to crack.

IMHO,  YMMV, etc,etc.
Scott Shelerud

Knife Island Images

www.KnifeIsland.com

tim wolcott

• http://www.galleryoftheamericanlandscape.com
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 01:07:14 am »

You may as well throw out the printer if it freezes.  You can't do this.  Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up