Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mina Sauk Falls  (Read 1369 times)

ronkruger

• Outdoor writer/photographer for over 30 years.
Mina Sauk Falls
« on: January 02, 2011, 08:15:58 pm »

Mina Sauk is the tallest waterfalls in MO. It more tumbles than falls, starting near the top of Taum Sauk Mountain, which is the tallest mountain in Missouri. It falls and tumbles for nearly a mile down the side of the mountain. The first shot is at 11mm, which shows the drop. (WMA is good for this.)
The other shot is of the first vertical drop near the top of the falls. Along its course are a few vertical drops like this.
In the end, the only things that matter are the people we help and the people we hurt. Google Ron Kruger and click on any link to Photoshelter

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Re: Mina Sauk Falls
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 12:34:42 am »

Not sure if you are looking for feedback on these photos - but anyway...

The falls themselves look quite interesting, but unfortunately the light is not doing you any favours at all. Its harsh and not at all pleasing to my eyes. Overcast light would be much softer and gentler IMO.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

ronkruger

• Outdoor writer/photographer for over 30 years.
Re: Mina Sauk Falls
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 10:33:53 pm »

Thanks Josh. I've hiked down to the falls and back out (which is more like mountain climbing) over a half-dozen times, and the light is never just right. Morning, evening, even mid-day, there are shadows. I've tried overcast and don't like the comparative flatness. I've photographed the falls when they were frozen solid, and that is the toughest exposure of all.
This is about the best I've done. I think next time I'll try a GND.
In the end, the only things that matter are the people we help and the people we hurt. Google Ron Kruger and click on any link to Photoshelter
Pages: [1]   Go Up