Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kodachrome  (Read 2125 times)

Graham Welland

Kodachrome
« on: January 01, 2011, 05:02:39 am »

RIP - we'll miss you and it's a damned shame. While I'm convinced that digital has moved imaging forward we'll really only truly miss the abilities, particularly the archival qualities and colour rendering, in the future.

Nice obituary Mark.
Graham

Rob C

Re: Kodachrome
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 05:30:15 am »

RIP - we'll miss you and it's a damned shame. While I'm convinced that digital has moved imaging forward we'll really only truly miss the abilities, particularly the archival qualities and colour rendering, in the future.

Nice obituary Mark.

And not only us shooters: even Aljazeera had an item on the passing of Kodachrome yesterday. The Afghan girl featured - of course - plus a speech from the photographer...

Happy New Year

Rob C

dreed

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 10:09:29 pm »

Nice obituary Mark.

Try getting something that you've posted to the Internet comprehensively deleted and erased from history...

I suspect that the same is true for photographs that are put on the Internet in the right place/way.

BruceGordon

• http://
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 11:24:05 pm »

Dam,

I knew it was coming ...

I've got a roll of Kodachrome in the fridge with 11 exposures on it waiting to go back into my Canon IV-Sb to finish.

One of the shots is of my family at horseshoe falls mimicking this shot by my dad circa 1965 with the same camera

I can still out smile my brother  ;D

barryfitzgerald

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 06:16:58 pm »

I shot a few rolls just as a last goodbye and for the heck of it (more a negative film shooter myself). Yes the world has moved onto digital even I have but I still shoot film and enjoy it very much.

Let's hope there won't be a film obituary in the future it's essential we have a choice of medium for those who want it. And I am one of those we're a smaller band but an enthusiastic one.

Aristoc

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 08:32:46 pm »

Dont worry, there is a plug in by Nik that mimicks Kodachrome and Kodachrome Professional.

photopianeil

• http://nrennie.com
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 05:44:11 am »

We mourn the passing of a friend.  Its archival nature will keep them with us into the future, but beware, its dark storage performance  belies its fleeting nature when exposed to light.
Pages: [1]   Go Up