Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marble Creek Fisheye  (Read 1148 times)

ronkruger

• Outdoor writer/photographer for over 30 years.
Marble Creek Fisheye
« on: December 31, 2010, 12:36:00 am »

I'm testing a fisheye lens. These are some of my first images. Any hints or suggestions?
In the end, the only things that matter are the people we help and the people we hurt. Google Ron Kruger and click on any link to Photoshelter

jeremypayne

Re: Marble Creek Fisheye
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 08:38:59 am »

Use it to get close to big stuff.

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 11:29:55 am »

I'm testing a fisheye lens. These are some of my first images. Any hints or suggestions?

Take a series of images of varying subjects while keeping the horizon line flat & straight. Use this as a starting point to get a feel for its distortion. If you have a water housing for your body + lens, underwater pics are great 'cuz there's no horizon line. Examples here.
~ CB

ronkruger

• Outdoor writer/photographer for over 30 years.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 01:55:44 pm »

Thanks Jeremy--basically I'm looking at a fisheye for special effects on a close, central subject. Once I decide on a lens, I'll use it in tight quarters. I have a 15mm I use for landscapes.
Great article, Chris. I started playing around underwater with a P&S last year and fell in love with it. The wide end of it has a fisheye effect.
In the end, the only things that matter are the people we help and the people we hurt. Google Ron Kruger and click on any link to Photoshelter
Pages: [1]   Go Up