Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo Critique  (Read 1471 times)

Bobtrips

Photo Critique
« on: April 16, 2005, 03:34:34 pm »

Three sites, run by the same person, come to mind.

If your pictures are travel/world related then Trek Earth.

If you are shooting non-domesticated animals/plants the go to Trek Nature from the same link.

If your pictures don't fit well in either category then try Trek Lens.

I used to spend a lot of time on Trek Earth and found the input both useful (many real critiques among the comments) and almost always positive.

slrnovice

Photo Critique
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 04:48:32 pm »

Thanks for the website details Bobtrips, it is a great site and I've registered already .  Russell, I did try a local camera club but didn't continue with it, partly because it seemed to finish rather late after a days work and partly because it seemed to focus very heavily on competitions rather than technique and criticism.  I may give it a second chance for winter and early spring though (I'm a gardening nut - spring, summer and autumn are taken!).

slrnovice

slrnovice

Photo Critique
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 02:02:11 pm »

Hi everyone,

I've got my new camera and I'm happily experimenting (and sometimes comparing my results from the Canon 20D with the results from my older Fuji S602).  Sometimes what I get doesn't match up with what I was aiming for and I have to try and work out why on my ownsome.  Is there some website where you can post your photos and people can offer their views on what to do to improve them?

slrnovice

russell a

• www.russarmstrong.com
Photo Critique
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 03:45:15 pm »

Alternatively, consider looking into a local photo club or taking a course that offers group critiques at a local adult or community educational facility.  Some photo clubs can be clique-ish and unhelpful as well, but some are great.  Most clubs with which I am familiar allow guests to visit for two or three meetings so that you can chat with members and develop an informed impression.
Pages: [1]   Go Up