Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phototune3 Posterizes shadows and performs really slow on PS CS4  (Read 1716 times)

Samaila Sodangi

Phototune3 Posterizes shadows and performs really slow on PS CS4
« on: December 29, 2010, 02:32:55 am »

Hi everyone,
I really need help on this issue, PLS.
I use Phototune 3 with PS CS4 on HP Photosmart 9100 with 4GB of RAM on windows 7 32bit operating system. I found it very slow and now I notice it produces heavy posterizision in the deep shadow areas of my images. Any solution to that?
As for the slow performance I'm thinking of upgrading my RAM to 8GB....I don't know if that will help. Help....PLS. 

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Phototune3 Posterizes shadows and performs really slow on PS CS4
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 07:47:27 am »

Hi everyone,
I really need help on this issue, PLS.
I use Phototune 3 with PS CS4 on HP Photosmart 9100 with 4GB of RAM on windows 7 32bit operating system. I found it very slow and now I notice it produces heavy posterizision in the deep shadow areas of my images. Any solution to that?
As for the slow performance I'm thinking of upgrading my RAM to 8GB....I don't know if that will help. Help....PLS. 

There's next to nothing to be gained moving from 4GB to 8GB of RAM on a 32-bit operating system, so save your money. Your HP printer most likely has nothing to do with this problem. Your video card needs OpenGL 2 and 250MB VRAM for processing - does it have that? Your operating system needs Microsoft ".Net Framework 3.5 or higher" Does it have that? If you haven;t done so, I suggest you contact OnOne tech support to discuss these problems. Not being a user myself, I don't have particular insights into the application itself.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Samaila Sodangi

Re: Phototune3 Posterizes shadows and performs really slow on PS CS4
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 02:05:23 pm »

There's next to nothing to be gained moving from 4GB to 8GB of RAM on a 32-bit operating system, so save your money. Your HP printer most likely has nothing to do with this problem. Your video card needs OpenGL 2 and 250MB VRAM for processing - does it have that? Your operating system needs Microsoft ".Net Framework 3.5 or higher" Does it have that? If you haven;t done so, I suggest you contact OnOne tech support to discuss these problems. Not being a user myself, I don't have particular insights into the application itself.

Thanks for the 8GB RAM advice. as u rightly said my HP z3100 printer doesnt seem to have anyting to do with the posterizision I noticed in the shadows!I just made a 16 x 20 print from a Phototune3 processed image with some lightly postrized shadows and the print appears ok. My video card is 250MB and my operating system too is OK so I wonder the onscreen posterization.
thanks once again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up