Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why more fps with loess MP on 1Ds Mark II?  (Read 2383 times)

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
Why more fps with loess MP on 1Ds Mark II?
« on: October 23, 2004, 12:48:13 pm »

I suspect it's to keep the value propositions of the 1DMKII and 1DSMKII clearly differentiated.

didger

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 06:12:32 am »

I'm betting that the 1D-MkIII will be 18-20MP @ 4-5 FPS full frame, and 10-12MP @ 8-10FPS with a 1.3-1.4x crop factor. I probably won't sell my soul to Satan to get one.
Does your crystal ball tell you when this will be available?  Also, how much is Satan paying for souls these days?  Maybe better make a soul deal now and avoid the rush when the camera comes out.

BJL

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 11:15:01 am »

Canon has indicated the at some point in the future, the 1-series digital lineup will be merged into one product. ...
Unification of the EOS-1D line makes a lot of sense in conjunction with the evolution of the EF-S format line into at least "semi-pro" territory.

The sufficiently well funded high level Canon users would then be covered by a single camera, and those who do need the extreme resolution or shutter speed enough to pay the price should be well satisfied by EF-S format successors to the 20D and the promissed expansion of the EF- S lens line. The EF-S lens is already moving up the quality sale with items like the 10-22, and surely the "30D" etc. can have a few more pro. style features added, like spot metering.

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 11:05:04 am »

I wonder why Canon didn't incorporate a feature to get faster fps at a smaler image size like Nikon with its D2X. As far as I know the 1Ds Mark II will only be capable at 4 fps (with full resolution), nothing else.

Maybe the design of the chip doesn't allow this?

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 02:08:51 am »

Canon has indicated the at some point in the future, the 1-series digital lineup will be merged into one product. I'm betting that the 1D-MkIII will be 18-20MP @ 4-5 FPS full frame, and 10-12MP @ 8-10FPS with a 1.3-1.4x crop factor. I probably won't sell my soul to Satan to get one.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 06:45:52 pm »

Actually I think I'll try to do a trade-in with my current 1Ds and throw in my ex-wife's soul in lieu of cash. I'd rather pay just pay cash though. I think I'll start staking out recreational pharmaceutical cartel delivery personnel with a view to making an unauthorized early withdrawal. I think that'd be safer than the whole soul/Satan thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up