Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ***SOLD***EPSON 9800 wide body Photo printer EXCELLENT condition***SOLD***  (Read 5593 times)

gdh

• https://www.facebook.com/Gallery833-Fine-Art-in-Redding-160225810674500/

***SOLD******SOLD******SOLD******SOLD******SOLD******SOLD******SOLD******SOLD******SOLD***

I am upgrading. I have a low mileage, excellent condition Epson 9800. This has not been used commercially, but for my own personal use in my own print sales.  I have not used it to bang out tens of thousands of prints like the ones being sold off by the commercial labs, as you can see by the stats the printer gives below(you should ask for these stats before buying ANY printer).

I'ts a great printer, in EXCELLENT shape without any problems nor service history.  It's a very good deal for the buyer.  ORIGINAL BOX, PACKING MATERIALS, OWNERS MANUAL. AND CD WITH DRIVERS THAT CAME WITH IT. You can and should download the latest drivers from Epson's web site.

Epson 9800 -- low usage--Third Maintenance tank.  I use this printer for making large prints on 44" roll paper stock. I'll be replacing this one.Weight about 200# and I have the pallet to ship on. Will be shipped in ORIGINAL BOX with factory stand and apron(a necessity for the 9800).  COST NEW $6000--will sell for $1295  + shipping + paypal (no fee if send "personal-money owed"
Note the PRICED LOWERED  I'll also take your personal check, but will wait for it to clear to ship.
Below are the current readings re: remaining life of this printer; 5 BEING 100% OF LIFE REMAINING:
CUTTER LIFE        *****
CR MOTOR           *****
PF MOTOR            *****
HEAD                   *****
CLEANER              ****
PRESSURE MOTOR *****

I live in Redding California. You may email me at:  gdh@halkides-morgan.com or visit my web page to learn more about me: www.dennishalkides.com.  I have a Star-51 status at ebay with 100% Positive feedback. I'm a verified paypal user. All items may be picked up at Redding, California or I will ship packed in the original creates at your expense.  These will also be delivered to the carrier for free and you pay actual shipping beyond that.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:05:42 pm by gdh »

stevebri

Re: EPSON PRINTERS: one 4800 ($995) and one 9800 ($1995).
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 10:06:49 am »

Hi Dennis,

Prices generally on forums and 'the bay' dropped significantly around Thanksgiving time last year, things had to be a steal to gain interest.  I sold a lens I was expecting close to $450-$500 for $275... however I used it to my advantage and bought two lenses very cheaply.

FWIW I sold a pristine 4800 a couple of weeks ago, with network card, without RIP but with some custom profiles for $800 and I included some spare ink, at the same time I bought a pristine, low mileage 7800, with spare ink for $900...!!

Another example is the Mamiya AFD III/ Phase One AF, these are listed at B&H for $3,990 new and some Phase One dealers are selling them in EX+ condition, boxed with a 6 month warranty for under $1,000.

With the exception of say a 5D MKII, a Leica M9 and some Profoto bits...  which are always in high demand, prices on the 2nd hand circuit have dropped.

One other thing... here in NYC where office/studio/desk space is at a premium and there are many many photographers, the 3800/3880 is the one they buy, despite the smaller ink carts the printer is small compared to a 4800.  On that vein a 9800 is a beast and only really for specialized people (though we all want one)..

I hope this helps,

Keep advertising, use eBay and throw in some ink...!

Best,

Steve

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
Re: EPSON PRINTERS: one 4800 ($995) and one 9800 ($1995).
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:33:19 am »

Hi Dennis,

IMO, part of the problem right now is despite the rebate program from Epson, large printers arn't moving.

I just bought a used 9900 that was first listed on Craig's list back in June or July when I started looking. Though the price was reasonable at the time, I didn't purchase it then because that project I was pitching was still in negotiation. It was listed at least three times since and was even on eBay a few times...

I considered a new one with the rebate, but was still in negotiation.

After nine months, the project proposal has been signed off and the contract is close to closing, thus, I purchased this printer.

I just took a look at eBay for completed listings and another 9900 in Calif. that was listed twice before within a couple of months of its purchase came up the third time and sold.

If I was in the market for a second 9800, I would have bought your's in a minute at the original price which was more than fair.

Your best bet is to put the word out on this list, Craig's list, including Redding, Sacto, Reno, Bay Area, anywhere within say 500 miles. Try eBay, etc. Just be patient and you should be just fine.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

gdh

• https://www.facebook.com/Gallery833-Fine-Art-in-Redding-160225810674500/

Price just lowered on the 9800 to $999.  Both 4800 have sold.

Dennis
Pages: [1]   Go Up