Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Initial consummable stock for Canon 8300?  (Read 1386 times)

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
Initial consummable stock for Canon 8300?
« on: December 27, 2010, 04:01:48 pm »

Sooo...about to order the 8300.  Call the piano movers!

Wondering which consummables and parts I should put on the shelves.

Maybe the first 3 carts I will need, plus is there a Canon maintenance cartridge?  And how about any replacement parts that I would dearly wish I had on the evening before a four-day weekend and five days before a show opening.  Or whatever I might need to avoid unexpected bumps in the road.

Would appreciate hearing from you seasoned 8300 jockeys!

Randy Carone

Re: Initial consummable stock for Canon 8300?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 01:02:18 pm »

Well, I'll state the obvious. Keep a full set of ink and a maintenance cartridge on the shelf so when you need one you are not waiting from Friday night 'til Tuesday to finish meet that deadline!
Randy Carone

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 02:55:28 pm »

Keep a full set of ink and a maintenance cartridge on the shelf so when you need one you are not waiting from Friday night 'til Tuesday to finish meet that deadline!

Well yes.  Howsomever, I was hoping to somewhat soften the fiscal hammer blow of 12 * $173 on top of buying the printer and hiring the piano movers.

So to rephrase...what 3 or 4 colors get used up the fastest, ie. the ones I will need to replace first?

ternst

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 08:19:01 pm »

Hey Bill, my yellow went dry first (in about two weeks, after several hundred feet of 36 and 44 inch wide canvas and luster - all landscapes) - all other tanks were still showing full except for gray - it went dry a couple of weeks and rolls later though. I replaced both with 700ml tanks. A couple of the rest are showing some use now after a few more rolls - matte and photo black - but the rest still show full.

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 11:01:57 pm »

I suppose that depends on how much you print. I print commercially and although that doesn't mean I'm running hundreds (or even tens) of feet of paper through the printer daily, it was about 6 months before I started replacing the initial 330 ML carts. After 9 months, I have replaced all of them. When I get the low ink warning, I still can run a week or two on the cartridge, so I don't keep anything in stock. Delivery time is two days for my supplies. That way, I know the ink is always fresh. Not that you will necessarily have problems with older cartridges....
http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi
Pages: [1]   Go Up