Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Qimage: Which version do you recommend  (Read 8256 times)

alain

Re: Qimage: Which version do you recommend
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 09:08:37 am »

Well I asked for 0.1 mm precise feedback on image positions on the print page for ages. I have a use for that. It was added to Ultimate and not to Studio. Mike added the roll trimming feature in Ultimate. You create a very long print page that fits the width of the roll and when the images are placed you crop the print page to the last image added. RIP like feature asked for a long time ago as well. There's more of that on the printing side, development certainly isn't limited to the input side.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

New: Spectral plots of +190 inkjet papers:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
Hi Ernst

First off all Qimage is great for printing and makes it an easy job.  To use this sites language : highly recommended

This roll paper feature alone is the price worth for those that use roll paper and I will recommend it to a roll paper user for that.   But when looking at the site I had to search for that feature, I think inside the "whats new" text file. 

For my low print volume I don't see anything new in the Ultimate, but I use it only for printing.  (ok, he probably uses lcms 2.x instead of 1.19 for color management)  The most other new features are of no use to me.

I did ask in okt 2007 if he could implement something like the soft proofing Jeff and Michael are showing in "camera to print", I would love to do most "making printer ready" inside Qimage, including some softproofing and corrections ala "camera to print".  Qimage knows if there's a match between profile and other settings and can avoid misprinting, now I often have multiple versions for printing on different paper.  It wasn't planned in the near future...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up