Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boston & Winchester this week?  (Read 1371 times)

IanP

• camairish photography
Boston & Winchester this week?
« on: December 26, 2010, 08:46:58 am »

Hi - I'll be staying in Winchester just north of Boston later this week.  Any recommendations as to good parts of the city/town for landscape/urban/street style photography?  Coming over from a cold and snowy Scotland......to what sounds like a cold and snowy Boston!

Many Thanks, Ian.

degrub

Re: Boston & Winchester this week?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 11:58:48 am »

Well, Winchester isn't very large - around the traffic circle, and south to the river is a redeveloped area. Wedge pond might be interesting, but access is a little difficult except on NE end by road.

From traffic circle take Mt Vernon St  to S. Border Rd (Mystic Valley Parkway)    - main road between I-93 and Winchester. It is is Snow Route if i remember correctly. Several pull outs/parks/pnds. If you drive, be careful where you park because of snow plows.

There is a commuter rail station at the traffic circle. Don't remember the schedules but search for MBTA. It will take you all the way to North Station (central Boston). Take the T from there. The T is a good way to get around Boston if you don't want to try to find $$ parking.

The area around Thompson Square / Bunker Hill, Cambridge ( MIT and Harvard campuses), Charles River, and old Boston might be interesting.

If you like more historical scenic stuff, there is an old reconstructed water powered colonial iron works  - Saugus Iron works that is at Saugus off US Hwy 1 just to the NE of Winchester.

Frank

IanP

• camairish photography
Re: Boston & Winchester this week?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 12:42:14 pm »

Thanks Frank.
Pages: [1]   Go Up