Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: h4d-40 split screen preview  (Read 2621 times)

superswift

h4d-40 split screen preview
« on: December 25, 2010, 04:05:42 pm »

does anyone know what the faint split screen image preview is when your looking at an underexposed shot off the lcd is? i cant find anything in the manual about it... you shoot a shot at a hi iso, underexposed, and the preview image comes up on the back and then a moment later the right half of the lcd image goes a little darker, like its noise reduction or something? anyways sorry for the nooby question, but i just one for christmas, so stoked!

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Re: h4d-40 split screen preview
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 04:45:18 pm »

The sensor is being read-out in 2 channels. You are probably seeing this.

superswift

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 05:09:16 pm »

as in 2 channels of exposure or iso or something? just trying to figure out why it only occurs on underexposed images and at high isos. its as if it shows you the shot for a moment and then switches the right half of the lcd preview to a darker or slightly more contrasty half. cant seem to find info on this anywhere.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 05:21:01 pm »

No, as in the data from the sensor is taken off the sensor via 2 channels. Stuff like calibration files make sure the data from the 2 halves get matched. It is not unthinkable that in extreme situations there is the possibilty to occur an exception where the matching is not optimal.

superswift

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 07:49:28 pm »

its basically on every picture that is under exposed. (only on the lcd though not the actual image upon import) i can even slighty see it on low iso 100 settings. heres a couple images, any other h4d-40 owners, is this normal?

fahrenhyde

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 06:00:55 pm »

hello.

i've had the same occurrence and am also new to the h4d-40.

can anyone say anything else? i feel the issue hasn't been discussed sufficiently.

thx

John.Williams

• It's your life - make yourself useful!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 12:15:27 am »

...superswift & fahrenhyde - is the image also this way on the computer after importing into Phocus - or Aperture/Lightroom?

The higher ISO images on the LCD display seem to contain artifacts that are not present when importing into the RAW developer; IMHO it may be a processor-power topic where the computer has the advantage of greater calculation power than the on-board processors of the camera (to calculate the RAW data) for display...

David might be able to shed some light on this behavior, but please respond to the question above.

John
(678) 365-0435
jay_dub@mac.com

fahrenhyde

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 11:08:49 am »

hi, and sorry, i was away for a few days.

no, the image is ok in phocus. it was only that way on the display. (thats why i am actually not worried, but still like to know)

i have had the cam for three weeks only and will keep observing.

jorma.

TH_Alpa

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 12:01:42 pm »

Jorma,

As mentioned by others, this may be the 2 different readouts which become visible on the displayed image. The preview displayed is most probably not corrected for this (or not as perfectly as it is in Phocus), as it is not corrected for other issues corrected in SW. This is to make the preview faster to appear on the display.

Just what I believe, though.

Thierry

hi, and sorry, i was away for a few days.

no, the image is ok in phocus. it was only that way on the display. (thats why i am actually not worried, but still like to know)

i have had the cam for three weeks only and will keep observing.

jorma.

orc73

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 01:14:07 pm »

same problem here. Is there something to worry about, what will get fixed by hasselblad service?

Joe Towner

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 01:23:20 pm »

I've got it on my H4D-50, and it's fine.  It would be interesting to know if this is something that was fixed in the H5 - jpeg images being output and all.
t: @PNWMF
Pages: [1]   Go Up