Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6x6 film back for Rolleiflex Hy6 / AFi cameras arrived  (Read 19344 times)

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Re: 6x6 film back for Rolleiflex Hy6 / AFi cameras arrived
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 02:06:13 pm »

For that price you could pick up a really nice condition late-model Hasselblad 503 camera, with 80mm lens and a very modern film magazine, all-in. If you really wanted to shoot film, 6x6.

John

I love the square format, but I'd never trade my 6008AF and superb optics for an old blad.   The comparison between the two platforms ends with the single fact that both shoot square.  Even if you just look at the film backs the Rollei's are way more advanced - even in the older 6000 series.     If I wanted a primitive camera to shoot film in square format, I'd go with one of the TLRs which are much lighter and have metering and probably are more reliable than the V.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 02:16:05 pm by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

rolleiflexpages

• http://www.rolleiflexpages.com
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 03:03:29 pm »

1105 euro without VAT

Not cheap but also made in small series.

Last time I looked at a Hasselblad H film magazine, its list price was actually more expensive.
Pascal Heyman - www.rolleiflexpages.com

cyberean

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 03:05:45 pm »

Eur 1314.95 is what I paid for it. regards, Martin

did the price include an assistant
... to help you load the film
?   :D

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 03:44:27 pm »

Eric -

I can't help but agree with you... but the old V series has an appeal: mechanical, changeable lenses and backs, ability to throw on a good small digital back. Lots of flexibility.

The problem is when you upgrade your expectations: I like the metering hookup (a lot) on the Rollei gear - its a snap. The film backs are better on the Rollei (flatter). The mirror slap in the V series is a bit more, and the ergonomics are IMHO better on the Rollei. Plus, if you add a prism on the Hassy, the whole thing now gets kind of big too.

Still, a hankering for the simplicity of it all is there. I agree with you though - if shooting film, a TLR is a pretty nice (no mirror) solution.

Geoff

tikal

• Kahl Sutherland Studio
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 03:58:16 pm »

Hey Guys,

Whats the different between 6008, 6008 integral, 6008 integral 2 ?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis Carbo

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 04:11:55 pm »

From what I know.....

6008 and 6008 integral are the same -

6008 Intergral 2 has improved electronics over the 6008 Integeral with TTL Flash metering and focus comfirmation

Awesome rig, I use the 6008 Integral with a Sinar 54M digital back as well as 120 Film backs and Schnieder Glass

Got my 6008,2/120 backs, 80mm lens, polaroid back, 3 batteries and a ton of B&W filters and accessories on E-Bay for $1,000

Never had a single problem, just shot outside in blowing snow and 20 degrees....camera was fine ....i was frozen !

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 04:16:52 pm by DENNISCARBO »

baudolino

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 05:00:27 pm »

That price may include VAT, fyi.

The price included VAT, yes. I am sure many of the people who commented on the price here have "happily" spent thousands $$$ on Noctiluxes and other tools/toys, so I shall leave that part of the commentary without reply. Leaving the ha, ha arguments aside, the reason why the back makes sense is that once you have spent the money on a Hy6 and a digital back and all the lenses and accessories and once you've learned to work with the body, then getting the back (even at its high price) is a better compromise than getting a Hassy with another set of lenses / different handling or a 6008 with its own bulk and weight / bulky charger / potentially suspect electronics etc. The back is made by DHW not by Rollei who went under and it seems that there has been quite a bit of demand, at least judging from being placed on a waiting list for one (or maybe their capacity is low.. whatever). If you want one and don't want to pay the price, let your view be known to DHW; to me it has no relevance.

Luxferre

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 06:26:21 am »

I gott offer for 6x6 back 1500Euro.... :(

I have Hy6 with 645 film back and sinar emotion 75LVr. and was thinking about 6x6 back, but by so high 6x6 film back price it is cheaper to by whole 6008 sytem, than one back.

I hope in future the prices will drop...
www.smitsphoto.com

ondebanks

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 11:38:38 am »

LOL.

Those old blads have been used to create more stunning images than all the other medium format cameras put together.

Now Keith, I think that hyperbole has got the better of you. Unless you've actually counted all the world's stunning medium format images, and sorted them by camera?

LOL.

ondebanks

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 09:11:34 am »

Absolutely, but there again, would you put your money on another make of medium format camera having been used to make even more stunning images?

LOL.

Why, yes I would - Mamiya.

Can't take away from the Hassys though that they went to the Moon. So they win the Lunar section of the competion!

LOL.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 11:15:29 am »

LOL.

Those old blads have been used to create more stunning images than all the other medium format cameras put together.

Possibly as they had great marketing and huge sales (for MF cameras) and a long run.  But quite a lot of famous square images were taken with the Rollei TLR too.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:18:25 am by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

ondebanks

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 11:20:43 am »

I think that hyperbole has got the better of you.

Ah, you dragged me into following the manner of your original assertion, and I fell for it!  ;D

Anyway, my gut feeling (on this whole rather silly question) is Mamiya. Think of all the models, all the formats; from the original 1950s Mamiya 6 RF, through the C2/C3 series 6x6 TLRs, the 6x9 Press, the Universal (and its rebadged sister the Polaroid 600SE), the RB67, the M645, the RZ67, the Mamiya 6, the Mamiya 7...

Rob C

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 12:06:04 pm »

Having had a couple of 500 Series 'blads, also a Mamiya C33(?) and looked at both the Mamiya RB and RZ, the 'blad came out on top even after the first flush of ownership and client appreciation had become forgotten factors. The prism made it too big? Really? Mine was never off the thing: hated waistlevel viewing and that's one thing that made it better than the Rollei TLR I used before I could afford the 'blad. In fact, the Rollei with 3.5/75 Tessar was used in conjunction with the C33 and its 180mm. What I would say was in favour of the Mam and the 180mm was that it focussed very closely and was a very fine optic, but on the other hand, that parallax compensation device was a terrible intrusion into the work process.

If history was to repeat itself, it would be 'blad again every time. I like to use manual cameras and lenses. It is a choice thing and nothing to do with price.

Rob C

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 06:04:21 pm »

One thing is for certain, as much as I admire them, it certainly isn't the Hy6/AFi.

;D

Yes and neither the phamiya or H3or4D either.    The life cycle of digital is just completely different than film cameras.  There hasn't been enough time between models and changes to make anyone of those cameras famous with images.    Oh well shall we now switch to mac vs pc?   Just kidding!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:06:44 pm by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

tikal

• Kahl Sutherland Studio
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 10:01:19 pm »

Any news on this back? Anyone know where to order one from? 6060 for Hy6.

Thanks

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 01:32:41 am »

Contact Reiner at DHW directly:

<r.schoenrock@dhw-fototechnik.de>
Geoff
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up