Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prevent Epson 3880 from switching blacks?  (Read 18032 times)

Farmer

Re: Prevent Epson 3880 from switching blacks?
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 10:01:36 pm »

It would be useful to know the EXACT process, step by step, that you follow that results in the printer changing to the incorrect K type and back again, because try as I may from Windows and OS X, I can't make it happen.  The only way I can make it change is to actively choose a setting that initiates the change.

As for stickiness - this is OS related.  If you set a "sticky" from an application, it's not a global sticky.  The Windows method has been described above for making a global sticky change.  I'm not sure about the OS X method.

In this particular case, the constant failing of the network indicates some other problem which may be the root cause of all the issues and should be remedied first, otherwise you'll likely just be chasing your tail.
Phil Brown

MHMG

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 10:09:07 pm »

All this aside, as a user of a 3800 and now a 3880, I can honestly say I've NEVER had the printer switch photo/matte inks arbitrarily...seriously, it's never happened to me. Yes, the vast majority of time I print with photo K inks to the 38/xx printers (I do switch back and forth on my 9900 and occasionally with the 3880). But if the user has an inkset currently set, the only way way I know to switch the inks is either to select a matte K media (such as one of the clearly matte K papers) or to force the ink switch at the printer.

In my case, the switch is occurring because the driver is losing my chosen settings and defaulting to Epson's base settings which happen to use Epson Premium Luster (uses PK ink) as the default for the media setting.  So, if you're already on PK ink this mistake won't cause a switch. But if you are on MK ink, bingo.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 03:41:55 am »

Niko, I'm not sure that this applies if the printer is uninstalled and reinstalled.  Would LR recognize a new driver installation as the "old" one?
From memory (it was a while ago when I did it), I think the answer is yes. I gave the printer the same name and used the same IP address as the previous installation, which might have helped.

Jeremy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up