Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soft-proofing in Aperture  (Read 9707 times)

vostrushka

Soft-proofing in Aperture
« on: December 20, 2010, 05:28:10 pm »

I would like to understand the way I can make changes upon the soft-proofed image to match the original version of it.
When I switch back and forth views of original image and its soft-proofed version I see the differences that I need to correct.
I make changes to the image (contrast, saturation, etc.) while in proofing view, but when switch the view back the image gets all new corrections applied and I see original image with changed contrast and saturation. How can I see the change I made to the proofed image if changes are made to both views. (the original image get more saturated and contrasty)
Does this mean that I have to "remember" how my original image look like?
How do you do soft-proofing?
Do you compare with separate (original) version instead of the same version?
Best regards
Leonid

shuttersp33d

Re: Soft-proofing in Aperture
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:53:08 pm »

I may be missing what you are saying, but if you hit the "M" key you will see your master image, no adjustments applied. So, as you're adjusting your image, you can toggle back and forth from your adjusted version to the master by clicking the "M" key on and off to see the differences. Is that what you mean?

You can toggle an individual adjustment by checking and unchecking them in the Adjustments HUD.

vostrushka

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 02:29:51 pm »

Ah, you found me on apple forum too. ;-)
I did not know about "M" key. Thank you.
Leonid

shuttersp33d

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 02:31:39 pm »

No problem, you should probably mark the issue solved on the Apple forum as well.  :)

pmanuel

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 04:09:42 pm »

Using the M key to view the master image will not achieve what you want. It will show the master image WITHOUT any of the adjustments that you have applied.

If I understand your question correctly, you want to adjust your soft-proofed image so that it matches the original image WITH all of the adjustments that you have applied to that original. To achieve this you can create a duplicate version of the adjusted image then soft-proof and adjust this duplicate so that it matches the original. After printing you can delete the duplicate version or rename it appropriately and stack it with the original in case you want to print with the same printer/paper combination some time in the future. The duplicate version only takes up a few KB of disk space.

vostrushka

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 01:36:09 pm »

Yep, I understand that now. Thank you.
Leonid

morganlawerence

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 04:18:05 am »

Ya..I also understand it..thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up