Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snow Leopard Cyan/Printer/Version ICC V4 profiles Bypass Solution?  (Read 3217 times)

elolaugesen

Bypass/Solution
 ;D ;D
I also ran into problems with Version 4 profiles from some profiling tools along with the cyan issue and the passing the print head for the entire document..

I have developed a procedure to continue to work with snow leopard 10.6.5 it appears to work for both PSE9 and CS5 photoshop V2.4 and V4.1 profiles

1. do all your regular work as always.
2. select resize canvas  uncheck relative and define canvas as the actual size of the paper you are using make background and foreground  white
3. when you go to the print menus you work as always.  You can also move the image around on the canvas.
4. do not save image with the canvas size unless you want to....

note:  do not use the relative canvas option it does not eliminate all the cyan printing..

The printer now loads paper and spaces forward to the image and starts printing only the image.   at end it just releases paper as always.

I know this is only a bypass ......  but it works...(I think.   so far no caveats from my tests.  hope you guys do not find any problems with it! :-\ :-\

good luck   elo
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:37:38 am by elolaugesen »

hsmeets

Re: Snow Leopard Cyan/Printer/Version ICC V4 profiles Bypass Solution?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 08:16:45 am »

Or to say it in less words:

keep canvas and image dimensions equal in CS5 and create any whitespace around the image in the printer dialog.

Cheers,

Huib

elolaugesen

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 08:36:16 am »

your statement below does not work....(? I just tried?)  how do you create whitespace in the printer dialog?  would love to know?

Or to say it in less words:

keep canvas and image dimensions equal in CS5 and create any whitespace around the image in the printer dialog.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:40:44 am by elolaugesen »

hsmeets

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 09:13:23 am »

I stand corrected, I misread you post, I thought you resized the canvas to the image size, but you resize it to the actual paper size.

oops.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 09:15:24 am by hsmeets »
Cheers,

Huib

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 11:15:08 am »

The easy fix is just don’t use V4 profiles that exhibit the scum dot. They bring nothing to the party and provide a poor print when they run into whatever bug is causing the sum dot. IF your V4 profiles show the sum dot, rebuild to V2 and write to the company and tell them to fix the bug!
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 12:16:37 pm »

The easy fix is just don’t use V4 profiles that exhibit the scum dot. They bring nothing to the party and provide a poor print when they run into whatever bug is causing the sum dot. IF your V4 profiles show the sum dot, rebuild to V2 and write to the company and tell them to fix the bug!

So, are you know implying that this is neither a bug with Adobe or Apple and is only a problem with some profiling software. If so can you tell us more how you have come to that conclusion?

na goodman

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 12:19:55 pm »

Andrew here is a link to an earlier post when all of this started happening to me. You probably have already read it and I think you had responded at the time. But, as you can see it was with both V2 And V4 profiles. And yes, it was the i1Match software causing the problem. Hopefully the new software will be more compatible with the OS but for me I had to chose a more permanent solution for my workflow to get my jobs out. I personally appreciated all of the time and effort you are spending on this and the testing you are doing. I personally have never had so many problems with colorsync until now. Thanks again for your efforts.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=43919.msg368460#msg368460

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 12:42:01 pm »

So, are you know implying that this is neither a bug with Adobe or Apple and is only a problem with some profiling software. If so can you tell us more how you have come to that conclusion?

Not all profiles exhibit the sum dot, part of this is the profile. PMP profiles produce the dot, PROFILER doesn’t.
Not all OS versions exhibit the scum dog, part of this is the OS.

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 12:46:06 pm »

Andrew here is a link to an earlier post when all of this started happening to me. You probably have already read it and I think you had responded at the time. But, as you can see it was with both V2 And V4 profiles.

I have noticed the same thing with both V2 and V4 with some profiling packages. However in my case the V2 profiles printed the scrum dot very, very light that you could barely see it, unlike the scrum dot when V4 profiles were used. Do you see this difference between V2 and V4?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 12:47:07 pm »

I’ve not seen any V2 profile produce this issue on this end.

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 12:55:20 pm »

I’ve not seen any V2 profile produce this issue on this end.

I know which is strange, and you don't get any with any V4 profiles and your Canon. But other are seeing different results with I think the same OS version.

I am using 10.6.5. Maybe we all should post the OS version were using when we post. 10.6 to 10.6.3 produced a different scrum dot than does 10.6.4 and 10.6.5. I do not remember what results I got with V2 profiles and 10.6 to 10.6.3. I do have a bootable 10.6.3 partition. Maybe I will have to go back and check that.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 12:58:30 pm »

I’m using 10.6.5. Early this year I did a workshop up in Vancouver and we saw the scum dot. I don’t recall the exact OS version, I think it was an early Snow Leopard build.

At this point, I’m actually exhausted trying to figure this all out. I don’t see anything as yet useful about V4 profiles, only the opposite. I’m sticking with V2 for the time being, certainly with ProfileMaker Pro.

na goodman

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 01:35:29 pm »

I have noticed the same thing with both V2 and V4 with some profiling packages. However in my case the V2 profiles printed the scrum dot very, very light that you could barely see it, unlike the scrum dot when V4 profiles were used. Do you see this difference between V2 and V4?
As I recall I barely noticed it with V2 profiles. But, to tell you the truth I became so frustrated that I finally ended up setting up a pc print server to drive all of my printers and print thru Qimage. My workflow was just being so bogged down with the problem I just couldn't deal with it any longer. I do all of my processing on my mac pro and then run the files thru qimage to print. Interesting side note, the artist's I print for won more awards this year than any other. The only thing that changed was the way I printed the files out of qimage. Do I like having to resort to a pc to do all of my fine art printing - no but it resolves all of the problems between my profiling software and my OS. I even make my profiles from the pc because the i1Match software and SL do not play nice together. As Andrew has noted it becomes exhausting and I had to make a decision somewhere that worked better for me personally.

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 02:07:53 pm »

It has never really been an issue for me because the majority of profiles I generate are with MonacoProfiler, that get printed through the new printing path with LR or PS  or with the Canon PS plugin. The rest that are generated PMP and other software are always printing using the old printing path from ID or printed through a RIP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up