Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fred SOS  (Read 1905 times)

Rob C

Fred SOS
« on: December 18, 2010, 01:03:13 pm »

Fred

I have just installed a Windows Service Pack 2(?) and now I can't get the Internet on that computer. I have had a horrible flashback that tells me this happend before, and that you told me how to uninstall the damned thing. If this is true, can you tell me again, please, how to uninstall it?

This tiny notebook I'm using to write this is driving me crazy: I seem to have grown huge fingers.

Apologies to the rest of the membership!

Rob C

fredjeang

Re: Fred SOS
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 01:21:07 pm »

Rob, you should have called this post Mark Guertin SOS

The tragedy is that I have no idea how to fix that. I'm trying to think, if I have an answer I post.
In computers operative system I'm very very useless.

Hope many users will see that thread and come with the right answer.

Are you using the XP, the windows 7 ? (hope you don't have the Vista because it is a mess)

Personaly, the first think I would do is this:
Go to: TODOS LOS PROGRAMAS / ACCESORIOS / HERRAMIENTAS DEL SISTEMA / RESTAURAR SISTEMA

then: RESTAURAR MI EQUIPO A UN ESTADO ANTERIOR

and follow the instruction. It should work.

The problem is that my OS systems are all in spanish.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:18:38 pm by fredjeang »

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 01:37:57 pm »

Fred

Things just got worse: I discovered the message where you suggest I uninstall Adobe Bonjour.  I did that, and now the internet modem won't start with the computer at all! Conexion and also Datos remain unlit. This is all in Spanish too, worse luck, but even were it in English I'd be none the wiser!

Rob C

Edit: yes,it's Vista!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 01:43:38 pm by Rob C »

fredjeang

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 02:02:47 pm »

Adobe Bonjour should be desabilitated in Windows 7 for proper internet conection but Vista I have no idea, I just know that this OS is a mess.

But if you follow the steps I mentionned to restaure your system it should just be back to normality.

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 02:16:36 pm »

Adobe Bonjour should be desabilitated in Windows 7 for proper internet conection but Vista I have no idea, I just know that this OS is a mess.

But if you follow the steps I mentionned to restaure your system it should just be back to normality.

BINGO!

We're back in business! Thanks, Fred, 'Restaurar' did the trick!

I wonder why I  never thought of that myself? I know why: panic. A good, old, atavistic quality of mine.

I shall have another coffee, despite the bloody doctors!

Thanks again, my man.

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up