Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 9500 MKII printing with smooth matt papers borderless?  (Read 1888 times)

MrSmith

Canon 9500 MKII printing with smooth matt papers borderless?
« on: December 18, 2010, 10:00:55 am »

my epson 2100 has finally died so am in the market for a new A3 printer.
has anyone any experience with printing on smooth cotton rag papers like permajet omega 310 and davinci archival white with the 9500 MKII?
specifically printing borderless?
what paper settings do you use?
the driver puts a 35mm border round the image for fine art papers and i need to print images for my portfolio that either bleed up to the r/h edge or bleed top and bottom so am interested in how the prints look with the matt paper driver, i will be profiling the printer/papers.
i only get through 150 prints a year for portfolio use otherwise i would look at a printer with bigger ink tanks.

any info appreciated.

MrSmith

Re: Canon 9500 MKII printing with smooth matt papers borderless?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 06:20:53 am »

anyone?
I like the canon's relatively cheap replacement of the print head compared to an epson.
or maybe even using the 9500 with imagenest rip for hassle free borderless printing and positioning.

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 06:40:52 am »

Borderless is a known issue with the 9500 printer - MK I and MKII. There are a few threads on the forum here if you search for them; or if your google-fu is good there are several indepth reviews on this issue.

I owned a MKI 9500 for a while - its a great Printer. I dont print borderless so it never bothered me. What did bother me is that the ink carts are tiny and if you do any kind of volume you will be replacing cartridges every other week. An IFP5100 is a better option in my opinion as the ink carts are heaps larger so your ongoing running costs are a lot less. Of course, if you never intend to print in volume or larger than 13 x 19 then the 9500 is a good choice as long as the borderless thing doesnt bother you.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

MrSmith

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 09:33:55 am »

it's just prints for my folios which are A3 on matte paper which i am led to believe puts the r1900 out of the running as it's better on gloss and the 2880 is the one to go for.
was looking at the canon as this will save some money on the printer.
I just don't do the volume to warrant a printer with bigger ink tanks
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:38:05 am by MrSmith »
Pages: [1]   Go Up