Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Patagonian Ice Cap  (Read 3921 times)

David Mantripp

• :: snowhenge dot net ::
Patagonian Ice Cap
« on: September 09, 2005, 05:50:49 pm »

Very nice indeed, Bruce. And well presented.

But to be pedantic, I think that the Greenland ice cap is ever so slightly bigger than the Patagonian. At least it was this morning. The way climate change is going you could well be right tomorrow...
--
David Mantripp

Paul Sumi

Patagonian Ice Cap
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 07:17:48 pm »

Bruce,

Gorgeous images and lovely light, well-seen and nicely presented.  I was going to comment on the fact that virtually all of your compositions are of distant subjects when it sunk in: "he's on an icecap, dummy."    

Paul

Bruce Percy

Patagonian Ice Cap
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 04:00:12 pm »

Hi Everyone,

I just thought I'd drop a line and introduce my new portfolio of images from Patagonia. I trekked the patagonian Ice cap (the largest ice cap outside of Antartica) for a week in April. It was intense stuff. Full 80 litre back pack crammed with camera equipment and survival gear.

Patagonian Ice cap Portfolio

I hope you enjoy the images and that it inspires you to get out there into the wilderness!

Lisa Nikodym

• http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lisa_pictures/lisa_pictures.html
Patagonian Ice Cap
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 06:48:12 pm »

Gorgeous photos!  It looks like a very cool area (and not just thermally).  Patagonia is on my list of places to go some day.

One thing I'm curious about:  How do you get those gorgeous colors?  (The blues, especially.)  Are they some high-saturation film, or some special blue-boosting post-processing, or the actual light there, or...?

Lisa
[url=http://www.stanford.edu/~melkor/lis
Pages: [1]   Go Up