Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easy Rider and Trike  (Read 1560 times)

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
Easy Rider and Trike
« on: December 15, 2010, 03:58:12 am »

This is the last frame from the Lanlivery Rally. It probably will amuse you if you live in the US of A - here are the Cornish pretending to be Americans . . . one hell of a trike, though.

John
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

Rob C

Re: Easy Rider and Trike
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 05:02:25 am »

This is the last frame from the Lanlivery Rally. It probably will amuse you if you live in the US of A - here are the Cornish pretending to be Americans . . . one hell of a trike, though.

John

No need to apologise; the Germans who come to Mallorca with bikes all look the same, too. It's a cult thing. I wonder how the Americans do it; probably with bowler hats and pinstripes. The fringes are flight signifiers, for effect and not aerodynamic use; they indicate the bike is actually in motion. I think one of LuLa's honchos can verify this if pressed.

The wonder, of course, is how the hats stay on; a ribbon under the chin looks soooo unmanly.

Rob C

EDIT: screws! Never thought of that!

jeremypayne

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 07:42:23 am »

I wonder how the Americans do it; probably with bowler hats and pinstripes.

Yup, Rob.  That's exactly what people wear when they go to the local sports bar to watch the Sunday football matches.

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 08:06:06 am »

Impressive composition, IMHO.

michswiss

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 08:53:34 am »

Surprisingly to me, I like this.  There's an honesty in the interaction between the two men that's attractive and the image captures that.  As an aside, I love the B&W conversions I see from the community in general.  Very sensitive work, this one included.

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 09:49:53 am »

Yup, Rob.  That's exactly what people wear when they go to the local sports bar to watch the Sunday football matches.

I never realised before now that US 'sports' bars and Soho wine bars have similar customers!

;-)

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up