Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS5 and printing to Epson printers, more worms for the can!  (Read 1075 times)

Doyle Yoder

CS5 and printing to Epson printers, more worms for the can!
« on: December 12, 2010, 08:37:31 pm »

http://www.josephholmes.com/news-photoshopCS5printing.html

The few times that I have printed to the Epson 9600 with the 8.19 drivers I have not had any problems. I wonder does anyone else using the 8.x drivers have any issue printing to Epson printers or are these problems only seen with pre 8.x drivers?

MHMG

Re: CS5 and printing to Epson printers, more worms for the can!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 11:46:30 am »

I get what Joseph is calling the super-dark bug, or something much like it on my ipF8100 when trying to use vendor matching color, and I routinely get the other "looks like it converted to a display profile" bug that Joseph also talks about in his article. Moreover, Joseph's complaints about print menu settings that don't stick when they should is also driving me crazy. All in all, printing from PSCS5/OS10.6 does indeed seem to be huge can of worms.

My best work around at this time is simply to use IDCS5's "ID manages color" print path. It seems to work flawlessly with just one exception. I've seen it hang on very large image files. This may be some limitation with my configuration of RAM and disk space needed for spooling, I'm not sure, but for bulk of my images, ID still prints with a solid "application manages colors" workflow.

Pages: [1]   Go Up