Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I be sure that my Coloreyes profile loaded at startup?  (Read 2423 times)

Bill Koenig

How can I be sure that my Coloreyes profile loaded at startup?
« on: December 12, 2010, 07:13:20 pm »

Hello,

After moving to Win7 64 the only software that would work with my DTP 94 is Coloreyes, on my old XP, I used Monaco. This is used to profile a older high end Sony CRT that still works just fine.
Ok, with that out of the way, here's my question.
I've been using CEDP for the last 6 months, and my prints matched the screen good enough.
I bought a Solux light (MC-16) 4700K to better match screen and print. I down loaded the test image jpg  from Digital dogs web site and all seemed good.
I run Photoshop CS5 on a user account with basic privileged for security reasons.
So here's the rub, Coloreyes needs Admin privilege, so I copied the LUT loader to this account and I just right click on it and select " Run as Admin" enter my password, a little box pops up a bar goes from left to right and the profile appears to load (the screen gets brighter)
The next thing that needed to be done was in the new Windows Color Management. Here you need to add your profile and check the box that tells windows to use my profile. If I don't do this, PH reports the monitor profile as sRGB, not my CEDP profile.(This needed to be done in both accounts)
OK, logged on as a user, with the test print up and using the embedded profile I used the "info tool" and started to check the numbers. The gray box under the Colormatch RGB came in at 128,128,128 the brown square on the Color Checker came in at 95,62,47 the middle box on the gray ramp on the top was 128 for the upper box,127 for the lower.
OK, now I log on as Admin, CEDP loads on its own now, the screen gets brighter as it did before, but now it seems a bit brighter than it did in my user account.
I bring up the test print using its embedded profile as I did before. This time the gray box comes at 149,149,149 the same for middle box's for the gray ramp. The brown box on the color checker now comes in 107/112  74/72  59/54 (why do I now have two values when logged on as Admin)
What's going on here? Is my profile only working when logged on as Admin? If it is, would that explain why the gray box went from 128,128,128 when logged on as a user, to 149,149,149 when logged on as Admin?
The test print file on my user account now looks to dark compared to how it look when logged on as admin, and the numbers are different. 
I thought I had all of this Color management stuff figured out.

BTW my monitor's L is 95mc/2 BP 0.24 mc/2
DE average is 0.45 to 0.80

Bill Koenig,

ChasP505

Chas P.

Bill Koenig

Re: How can I be sure that my Coloreyes profile loaded at startup?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 10:04:38 pm »

Czornyj

Thanks for the links. This has confirmed that my profile is loading in my user account when I right click on the LUT loader shortcut.
The problem with the numbers was my mistake as I loaded the wrong file, the numbers for the correct file are the same in both my user and admin account.
I feel a bit foolish getting the files mixed up as it wasted my time trying to sort it out.

Bill Koenig,
Pages: [1]   Go Up