Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ACD 30" with colourmunki photo = turn out to be darker then before?  (Read 1642 times)

NikonLover

Recently i purchased mac pro along with 30" apple cinema display and now i've got a colourmunki photo - I use the following setting:

1:LCD
2:Advanced
set the luminance level of my display to the follwing target value: 120

Target white point for display: D65 (default)

calbration processing......

Target white point 120
measured white luminance 342

Now the ACD screen look darker then before (very bright and clear)...as you cannot tell what is white is white from the photo? is that normal? or am i doing something wrong?

jpegman

Re: ACD 30" with colourmunki photo = turn out to be darker then before?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 06:20:39 pm »

If your target white point is set for 120, and the measured white luminance is 342, your screen is still way too bright, turn the ACD brightness down to 120 while in the advanced mode and retest.

With a screen still that bright, if the screen looks darker than before, it must have been really, really bright, maybe 600 -800?

Jpegman

NikonLover

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 05:59:47 am »

that what i did turn down to 120 Lum but they make my screen brightness to go down (dark & dull) - is there way to get calibration in just right brightness not dark or dull?

NikonLover

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 07:41:12 am »

i did another test again...

i use 140 luminance and i turn down brightness from the monitor to match as 140 luminance... much better then before which I use 120 Lum.

All i'm trying to make sure that ACD should be bright enough not dull, i don't have printer but i use various lab to print out...

one thing i've notice the ACD seem to be warm now... D65 with 140?
Pages: [1]   Go Up