Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing on Epson Somerset Velvet with a 3800  (Read 1290 times)

cocasana

Printing on Epson Somerset Velvet with a 3800
« on: December 09, 2010, 11:34:27 pm »

Hi there,
has some of you printed on Epson's Somerset Velvet with a 3800? Is it too thick?
If yes any suggestions? Thanks

AndreG

• photohippique.com
Re: Printing on Epson Somerset Velvet with a 3800
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 05:01:26 am »

Hi,
Yes, I did with great success. I love the paper texture and the rendition. The surface of the paper allows easy handling while cutting the sheets of paper without scuffing. The problem was to find the profile that laid sufficient pigment without ink pooling. As you know, the first step is to determine the amount of ink the paper can absorb. The closest was the profile for Watercolor and used Chromix.com valet service for a custom profile. I have no problem about the thickness. I unroll the curl and feed it in the back of the printer. I you don't then yes the head might hit the paper surface.

Is it worth the trouble? It's always a matter of taste and finding the image that will take advantage of the texture of the paper. Before the switch, Michael loved it and after seeing his work, I went for it.

Enjoy!

cocasana

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 08:46:25 am »

Hi Pratic,
you say that Watercolor is better than Velvet Fin Art in Epson's driver fill in screen?!

AndreG

• photohippique.com
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 04:29:39 am »

I found that the amount of ink sprayed by the Watercolor profile was about right. Then, I asked Chromix to adjust the colors. There is two stage to a color profile. The first determines the quantity of ink needed to get the most black result out of the paper. Then the colors. It worked for me...
Pages: [1]   Go Up