Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unexposure Compensation  (Read 1966 times)

willt

Unexposure Compensation
« on: December 16, 2002, 12:57:19 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']If it works like other Canon bodies, set your exposure compensation to, say, +1, and then set your AEB to, say, 1 stop increments. Notice that the AEB setting on your LCD screen now shows 0, +1, and +2. Of course, you can reverse the process and set the AEB first and then the exposure compensation.

Will Tompkins[/font]

shamrock838

Unexposure Compensation
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2002, 04:15:23 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Underexposure Compensation:

I'd like to set my Canon D-60 to auto-bracket...on the side of overexposure. This is to compensate for the underexposures I frequently experience.

What I'd like to do is set my auto-bracket sequence to +0.0, +1.0, and +2.0 f/stops...or another such combination in the over-exposure range.

According to the D-60 user manual (page 79), this seems to combine the Exposure Compensation and Automatic Exposure Bracketing functions.  

Can any of you out there...more experienced than I...make sense of this for me?

Many thanks.

M i k e[/font]

Bill Lawrence

• http://
Unexposure Compensation
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2002, 08:40:51 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Yep, that will work.  I do it frequently on my D60.  Hold the shutter button down half way and turn the back dial to change the exposure compensation, and then dial in the amount of AEB through the menu (also works in the opposite order).  The scale on the AEB command will show the expore compensation offset.

The one thing that keeps driving me crazy is that the AEB (but not the exposure compensation) automatically turns off when you change lenses.  I keep forgetting and taking 3 shots at the same exposure.[/font]
Bill Lawrence
Photography: www.lawrences
Pages: [1]   Go Up