Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting a Sinar 54M to fit my RZ with a LEAF adapter plate  (Read 1873 times)

bohngy

Getting a Sinar 54M to fit my RZ with a LEAF adapter plate
« on: December 08, 2010, 04:11:45 pm »

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker and have gleaned some great info over the years, I'm hoping someone may be able to help me out.

I've been offered a Sinar 54M with a Hassy V (500 series) adapter plate. I was wondering if I could use this and attach the whole shebang to my RZ pro2 with a LEAF hassy V to RZ adapter? I've already got the Leaf adapter but really couldn't afford to spend the additional £700 to buy a Sinar to RZ adapter.

I guess I'm asking, in a roundabout way, "is the leaf RZ adapter plate just for leaf backs?"

thanks in advance, Benj

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: Getting a Sinar 54M to fit my RZ with a LEAF adapter plate
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 06:54:16 pm »

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker and have gleaned some great info over the years, I'm hoping someone may be able to help me out.

I've been offered a Sinar 54M with a Hassy V (500 series) adapter plate. I was wondering if I could use this and attach the whole shebang to my RZ pro2 with a LEAF hassy V to RZ adapter? I've already got the Leaf adapter but really couldn't afford to spend the additional £700 to buy a Sinar to RZ adapter.

I guess I'm asking, in a roundabout way, "is the leaf RZ adapter plate just for leaf backs?"

thanks in advance, Benj

If you can physically mount your back on the adapter then there's no reason why it shouldn't work

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

DavorHorvatic

• http://www.xpose.at
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 03:02:58 am »

If you can physically mount your back on the adapter then there's no reason why it shouldn't work

Yair

EDIT - it should be possible, because you have Sinar V Adapter, so you can mount it on to the LEAF Hasselblad to RZ plate.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 03:11:04 am by DavorHorvatic »
Cheers

Davor

xpose solutions

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 08:28:59 am »

EDIT - it should be possible, because you have Sinar V Adapter, so you can mount it on to the LEAF Hasselblad to RZ plate.

The Leaf plate has a "lip" around the back's interface so if the Sinar's interface is bigger and/ or has any protruding elements it won't fit. Only trying it will give you a definite answer...

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

edwinb

• http://www.image2output.com
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 05:45:05 pm »

the sinar 54m has electronic interface through forward facing pins which are brought out to connectors on the interface plate
I don't think the leaf uses this system -( which is also used on the sinar 75h and 86h although the adaptor plates are not always inter-changable )
54m-75h adaptor plates
the reference has notes against the adaptor plates which may be helpful
edwin
Edwin Blenkinsopp
Technical Manager
image2output
m:  +44 (0) 7836 674749
e: edwin@image2output.com
w: Sinar |  Foba |Inkjet

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 06:48:49 pm »

There may be a physical limitation due to the ports on the V adapter sinar 54m plate, if so you will need sinar part #552.45.041
Pages: [1]   Go Up